• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please read and help! anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is the first "post" or whatever I have made! The only reason for me taking the time to sign on to this page was because no matter how much searching I do, I need direct answers! I honestly know nothing about these new phones! Rooting a phone? I really don't understand any of it! My boyfriend just got a new driod about a month ago.... I hate it! The reason I'm asking questions.... I was intrested in all the things his phone could do and was playing around one day when I realized just how much it really could do, and how things are connected. So I was looking at "happenings" and found out it showed the last message and call.... I'm sure you know better then I do what I'm saying. So I saw where he was texting his ex and just the subject that was in that one last message made my heart drop. I looked all through other messages because I just had to know what was said...nothing else showed any evidence of them talking! I asked him and he lied, after I was insulted being called a "dumb a$$" and told I didn't know what I was talking about his story changed... finally he grew balls too tell me he lied. All I want is peace of mind to know what was so important I had to feel like crap! I know there are ways... I have searched enough to know that! His phone is always with me now and like I said....I don't understand anything about this phone! Umm, I downloaded apps to try and find the messages, and I'm still not doing something right! Is there not a way to go through the phone's files or memory? And if there is... what files, how do I find that? Please someone help me!

He texted his ex with a subject that made your heart drop, he lied to you, and he called you a dumba$$. You already know all you need to know about your boyfriend right there. Move on and find a guy that you can trust enough that you don't feel the need to dig through his text messages.

Upvote 0
That doesn't help! I know I can't trust him which is why I'm so upset that he would hide something from me! If I wanted advice on my relationship, I promise I wouldn't go lookin for answers on a website about phones. Really I figured my post would have never even gotten read, I saw that you left a coment and I had hope! So please, if you can't help with the question I asked.... don't feel the need to answer at all! Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Just kidding! :D

What do you want to know, how to look up old texts? If he has deleted them they are gone, sorry. You could take his phone in to the FBI and tell them you think he's a terrorist and they can look up his texts and then you'd know. But you'd also be in jail for falsifying a report.

If you're going to stay with this loser then I suggest getting your own Android phone. There are 3rd party 'spy' apps that you can download to your phone, and put on his phone (without him knowing it) that will send you all texts he recieves. Then you can get your heart smashed all day long.

Upvote 0
Insult? No, no, no... I take it you're young, yes? Hey we aren't insulting you, well at least I'm not. I've been where you are now, and I still remember what that was like. You just have to understand that those of us who have been through that, and have learned from those experiences... well we know what a waste of time it is to give someone like that the time of day. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm telling you that you need to stick up for yourself, get some self respect, and kick him to the curb. And I say that because I've had several 'LOSER' relationships myself.

Yeah I remember playing detective on many occasions, trying to snare the cheater in my trap. I was addicted to it for a while, it was like a game. I wanted to prove to myself that she couldn't outsmart me, that I could catch her. And I did... many times! Now I look back on all of it and ask myself why I wasted soooo much time on her? I knew she was a cheater, I never HAD to prove it, I knew it in my heart all along. I could have/should have dumped her in the very beginning, when I knew she was up to no good, and found someone I could trust. It would have been so much more productive if I'd done that, but I didn't.

And old 'experienced' folks like myself just hate to see people make the same mistakes we did. So we try our best to advise you to do things the way we wished we'd handled our situations if we could go back and do it all over again. Sadly though, in life we must all learn things on our own. Nobody every really listens to anyone else, we're all doomed to make the same mistakes as everyone else has made. Trust me, one day you'll know exactly what I'm saying and wished instead of running around trying to catch this guy in a lie you'd have just cut the cord and found someone better.

But until that day, get yourself an Android and spy on him all you want until you just can't take it anymore.

Upvote 0
Deleted text msgs can only be retrieved by the phone co or government agency. There are spying apps you can try. Don't listen to these guys, we've all played the fool at least once. Good luck.

Yeah, I've been played the fool WAY too many times to want to admit. I hate that feeling, and I can't stand watching someone else play the victim having been one many times myself.

Upvote 0
Thank you! Finally someone worth talking to. See what I'm saying is, I have hurd of people deleting text or files and using apps for backup and things like that! Like the apps are able to recover deleted stuff?? I honestly have no clue really. And its not a spying thing... its more or less just wanting closure! I really don't care about anything else on his phone, its just that one conversation! I'm really not so low as to let someone hurt me enough to care you know! I think its funny how those boys really believe that!

Upvote 0
Deleted text msgs can only be retrieved by the phone co or government agency. There are spying apps you can try. Don't listen to these guys, we've all played the fool at least once. Good luck.

Don't listen to these guys?

We're advising her to be an adult, discuss it with her BF and either stay with him or move onto someone that would treat her better.

Yes, damn near everyone has played the fool, but trying to find a way to retrieve information that doesn't belong to her isn't the way to go, and spying could land her in jail.

It's best to just suck it up and walk away.

Upvote 0
Ok.... outlaw? Listen, yes I'm young! Im19 years old! Tell me since your so full of wisdom. When did the age of a person determind their self respect? and I'm sorry you spent your time spying on someone for so long! Trust me... I got better things to do! And... experince has nothing to do with how old you are! Just how many times you have done it! So no, I'm not experinced in the least when it comes to letting someone consume my life to the point that it bothers me for the rest of my life! I pride myself in not being an "old experinced folk" much like yourself! And it sadens me to think that just because someone gets lied to about a text, from what you say, they would feel so little to keep trying! Listen, I have believe it or not, been through a lot of things in my life to know that there will always be people like you. Just because you had no backbone to stand up and tell that bitch that she was a slut doesn't mean that everyone feels so low about themselves! Really, how dare you feel important enough to speak? Apparently you felt some need to talk about how hard it is to build self worth. It was a breeze for me but hey, not everyone is the same! Keep that in mind!

Upvote 0
To try and actually answer the question, if your boyfriend backed up the data in the first place (with something like titanium backup), then there is a way to restore it. That is a big if... See if he has titanium backup installed. If not, I would be willing to bet those texts are gone.

FWIW you opened up and let us know what you situation was. OF COURSe people are going to comment on it. If you really didn't want anyone commenting on it, you wouldn't/shouldn't have let us know in the first place. You could have summed the question up extremely simply. "How do I restore deleted texts?" That is all you had to ask, but didn't. Don't be mad at people who are giving you, what I would consider, sound advice.

Upvote 0
Yes, damn near everyone has played the fool, but trying to find a way to retrieve information that doesn't belong to her isn't the way to go, and spying could land her in jail.

I do believe there is actually a documented case of a man going to jail for looking at some information on his wife's computer. So yes, you do make an extremely valid point.

Upvote 0
Pool shark is it? How dare you feel you have the right to insult someone who was only having enough respect for a stranger to know my business is mine! And if you honestly believe she has to tell me not to listen to you for it to make a difference then you should take some of your own advice! Come on... I'm 19 years old people! The two people that had have it a point to call themselves an adult really should think twice about what they say! Sorry boys, you really sound like a couple of kids tring to prove something! And to feel the need to keep on and on and on... ugh! Stupid people are really frustrating!

Upvote 0
To try and actually answer the question, if your boyfriend backed up the data in the first place (with something like titanium backup), then there is a way to restore it. That is a big if... See if he has titanium backup installed. If not, I would be willing to bet those texts are gone.

Thank you finally! And yes I should have been smarter about it but believed knowing the situation someone wouold be more willing to help! But anyways...please explain! I know it sounds really stupid... but how do I even see if titanium is installed? Or does it show up in a certain place on the phone so if its not that I could look to see if there is anything installed at all?

Upvote 0
I agree with lordofthereef, if you're going to post personal matter on a public forum, be prepared for positive and negative comments. That's just the nature of forums (or internet in general). If you don't like people commenting on your situation, then stick to the technical question you want to ask. We don't need a back story.

There are backup programs out there that allows you to backup and restore text messages. But you'll need to know if you boyfriend is using one and which one he's using. There are a bunch of them in the market.

Upvote 0
Pool shark is it? How dare you feel you have the right to insult someone who was only having enough respect for a stranger to know my business is mine! And if you honestly believe she has to tell me not to listen to you for it to make a difference then you should take some of your own advice! Come on... I'm 19 years old people! The two people that had have it a point to call themselves an adult really should think twice about what they say! Sorry boys, you really sound like a couple of kids tring to prove something! And to feel the need to keep on and on and on... ugh! Stupid people are really frustrating!

You're right, I truly apologize. You're 19 years old and aren't being the least bit irrational.

Go ahead, spy on him. Stay with him, hold his phone hostage and keep stressing yourself out trying to find text messages of a man who called you a dumba$$.

By the way, I would never call you stupid, calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.

Upvote 0
Thank you finally! And yes I should have been smarter about it but believed knowing the situation someone wouold be more willing to help! But anyways...please explain! I know it sounds really stupid... but how do I even see if titanium is installed? Or does it show up in a certain place on the phone so if its not that I could look to see if there is anything installed at all?

You go into settings>applications>manage applications and see if the app is on the list. Titantium backup is one app that backup messages. There are other ones. You'll need to know which one he is using and IF he's using it in the first place.

Reactions: sillygirl7289
Upvote 0
You're right, I truly apologize. You're 19 years old and aren't being the least bit irrational.

Go ahead, spy on him. Stay with him, hold his phone hostage and keep stressing yourself out trying to find text messages of a man who called you a dumba$$.

By the way, I would never call you stupid, calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.

Awww how cute! You really felt offended by what I said! Really go away! Or no... sorry but I actually have things to do instead of sit on the internet just to talk shit! Bye bye now! Don't miss me to much

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones