• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please read if you have battery issues and/or keyboard issues

Just wanted to mention that someone over on the XDA thread about the battery life noted that they've had great battery life since they started rebooting the phone after charging it.

Though I still ave to do more testing, my battery life seems significantly better today after doing this. I'm not sure why it seems to work, and it definitely sounds like a bug or something as it shouldn't be needed, but it's worth a try if you're still experiencing issues.

Upvote 0
+1 for the rebooting trick.

I charge my phone at night and I usually restart it first thing in the morning. Yesterday, it finally died at 10:45pm (took it off the charger at 7am). I had wifi on all day including 3g only (no gsm needed for Telus), and push on.

The first few days were crap. I made sure to drain it a few times then let charge over night and then turn it off/on and my battery problems are gone.

I love the battery life on this thing!!

Upvote 0
Got that bit! It's said "enabled" for days, but still the widget says "x1.00". Weird.....

Make sure the apps still running in the background and not being killed by a task killer. If that doesn't work, re-install. It should start updating the widget soon after you first enable JuiceDefender.

As for the reboot-after-charge trick, yeah, it seems to be working well. Hopefully the next baseband will correct this issue.

Upvote 0
hiya,

Just wanted to say in regards to your tip Saltorio, my last battery charge lasted 24hrs when the battery was down to 2%, i charged it then up to 100% full and then shut down/rebooted it so i could keep an eye on my uptime, im currently at 17% battery life and 29:52 hrs/mins so i believe this to be acurate,

Thanks

Upvote 0
Can someone explain me this part: "It works by switching off your 3G (APN) while your phone is idle. This of course leaves you with the basic GSM/CDMA (2G) connection so you can still receive calls and texts, but it will switch your 3G (APN) back on for 1 minute in every 15 so that you can still receive e-mails, MMS's etc. When you unlock your screen, the app will instantly switch your 3G connection back on so that you can update your widgets and browse the internet without having to over-ride any settings" I really want this, that my 3G network is turned OFF when my screen is turned OFF and when I turn ON the screen/unlock that my 3G data package is also ON. How can I do that ? Or maybe to turn OFF 3G network all the time but that I can turn it back ON with one click on the widget when I need it for surfing etc. Tnx

Upvote 0
@ BUSHA......................

You can do exactly what you want by installing the Juice Defender from the Andriod Apps store for free, once enabled you have the option of your 3G being switched off but when you turn your screen on/unlock it automatically turns on your 3G, or you can have it set the way i do, i have the 3G permananty switched off with the option of connecting to WI-FI whenever i want, or if i want to use the 3G i just disable the juice defender in the app and it turns it on straight away back to default settings. Once you downloaded the app you'd know exactly what i mean, i swear by this app and also with the 3G switched off my battery is amazing, Fully charged it to 100%, had my 3G switched off and im currently at 71% battery life with the phone being on 20hrs now!

PLEEEEASE get this app, you wont be disappointed and it will solve all your problems

Upvote 0
@ BUSHA......................

You can do exactly what you want by installing the Juice Defender from the Andriod Apps store for free, once enabled you have the option of your 3G being switched off but when you turn your screen on/unlock it automatically turns on your 3G, or you can have it set the way i do, i have the 3G permananty switched off with the option of connecting to WI-FI whenever i want, or if i want to use the 3G i just disable the juice defender in the app and it turns it on straight away back to default settings. Once you downloaded the app you'd know exactly what i mean, i swear by this app and also with the 3G switched off my battery is amazing, Fully charged it to 100%, had my 3G switched off and im currently at 71% battery life with the phone being on 20hrs now!

PLEEEEASE get this app, you wont be disappointed and it will solve all your problems

I don't know if you realise this, but JuiceDefender has a widget to switch APN (3G) on and off with one click. Handy if you want to use your phone to play a game or something and save power at the same time :)

-pup-

Upvote 0
@String82: I have downloaded this app and that addon that I have "paid" :) It REALLY does extend my battery and have great options, like turn OFF WiFi and 3G in some period, I turn it Off over night because I dont need it. Please give me detailed instructions how to have 3G only when I unlock the phone, I cant find it. All of my settings in Juice are for WiFI and APN, actually both icons are "glowing" but there is red X on them, I think that it means that all the rules are applying on both. What I need is that 2G data slower data is on when locked so that apps can update statuses etc. If that is possible...Tnx a lot ! @puppet_master: yes I have seen that and it is great but unfortunately when I turn 3G off I cannot use my 2G data and that is what I want when the phone is locked, so it can update Timescape and other that dont need speed. EDIT: Why are my posts like this, how can I put 1 row space between the lines ? Or when I press enter for next row, it all gets like this ? :(

Upvote 0
I don't rate juice defender at all, I would only use it if you're a heavy user or want it to update timescape.
I use quick settings (which is free) to turn the screen brightness down and turn on wifi and 3g when I need them. I seem to remember having to pay for the version of juice defender that lets you toggle settings, when I uninstalled juice defender my battery life went up.

Upvote 0
I thought the stock keyboards were pretty lame to say the least, so after checking round on the net I installed the HTC_IME keyboard and it was a 100% improvement.
I installed Juice Defender 2 days ago and it is doing wonders for my battery life. my phone has been active for 40hrs and I'm at 33% charge, with moderate use.
Prior to installing, I would only get around 6hrs on stand-by.
I highly recommend both Apps 100%
Give 'em a try they're both free, what have you got to lose.
I'm now loving my X10 again

BB:D

Upvote 0
i dont understand any of these technical terms :S
im trying to dowload the htc keyboard?
i've clicked the instructiosn link, managed to get to the bit where it says

-Save the zip file to your computer and extract the files HTC_IME_hi.apk & Clicker_hi.apk
-Copy HTC_IME_hi.apk to your chosen location of the SD card

This file installs the HTC Touch Input keyboard

-Copy Clicker_hi.apk to your chosen location of the SD card

I don't know where my SD card is? Plesae Help!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones