Please recommend me a 'good' quality screen protector.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Bully74uk

Bully74uk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ive noticed a couple of very small scratches on me screen that can oly really be seen when tilting a black screen into the light in a certain way.

Its enough to make me want a screen protector but haven't a clue what is the best.

Please can anyone recommend a good quality one ?

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Get the proper HTC ones from play.

3. meemaw

meemaw Member

What he said.

4. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

Martin Fields protectors are good as well, though mine has got a couple of small creases in from when I washed it last night :eek:(

5. balders

balders Well-Known Member

Have you read the review form those screen protectors? 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery - Mobile

I got these a while ago and they have been fine. I'm still on the first one and their are no bubbles and so sign of it coming off. They are very easy to fit as well because the protector just fits the screen and that is one solid shape. There is a very slight difference to the responsiveness of the screen, but that is very very slight and is soon forgotten about.

6 PACK LCD SCREEN PROTECTORS FOR HTC DESIRE on eBay (end time 07-Jun-10 11:33:20 BST)

Thats my 2p's worth, but each to their own.

P.S.
    One thing thats does look like its worth its money is the leather case my HTC

GENUINE HTC DESIRE LEATHER PULL UP CASE POUCH PO S520: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

6. Merk78

Merk78 Active Member

I used screen protectors constantly on my iPhone and never found a good one. Usually within a day or 2 there would be some slight lift in the corners and air bubbles appearing. In advance of my Desire arriving last week I took a chance and ordered 7 x screen protectors from here: 7 x HTC Desire LCD screen protectors. on eBay (end time 01-Aug-10 09:39:19 BST)
    I've been well impressed. Yes I have only had one on for 8 days but its so good at one point at the weekend I forgot it was even there. At that price they're well worth a punt.

7. aldredd

aldredd Well-Known Member

When I got my first HTC phone - HTC Touch Dual (winmo phone), it came with a screen protector, and was brilliant - never peeled, and you'd never even know it was there - was a little disappointed that the desire didn't come with one :(

8. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

I've just ordered the HTC ones from play. At

9. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I personally like the Martin Fields protectors. Have used them on all my phones. I think some can affect the displaying of colours but these are excellent. They go on perfectly and unlike the ones I have had off ebay they fit the screen great. I have used the invisibleshield ones before and they really are the best protection but they can be a pain in the butt to put on and I feel that with touchscreens they can stop your finger sliding over the screen as smoothly.

My girl has the official HTC pull case and I can confirm it is excellent. Tight fit at first but loosens slightly and offers great protection.

I've got this one off ebay

HTC DESIRE HYDRO GEL CASE SMOKE BLACK + SCREEN PROTECT on eBay (end time 18-Jul-10 09:17:53 BST)

Its the same as the one on MobileFun that they charge over

10. joll200x

joll200x Member

11. Akalatengo

Akalatengo Well-Known Member

don't get any, not need for one, it will make your screen look terrible

just look after your desire, if in the pocket make sure there are no keys, other wise it will scratch case and screen too

12. Merk78

Merk78 Active Member

Totally disagree. I've compared mine to a Desire without and you can barely notice it.

13. Akalatengo

barely notice is noticeable and wait and see how fast it deteriorates, plus as I said, what is the point of using one?

14. Merk78

Merk78 Active Member

Big difference between "barely noticeable" and "terrible" also. If it deteriorates I will just remove and re-apply a new one. At

15. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

Definatlely go for Martin Fields. Okay they maybe expensive compared to most, but you hardly notice it once it's on.

16. Akalatengo

17. Akalatengo

plus the

18. adam1985

adam1985 Well-Known Member

Zagg Invisible shield are the way forward ;)

19. Merk78

Merk78 Active Member

How do you know they're rubbish Akalatengo? I thought you were opposed to them thus would not have purchased any thus rendering your opinion useless?? :confused:

20. Akalatengo

I have come to that conclusion after several years of experiencing different protectors with different devices, but this days the quality screen material is totally different and not need for such a thing.

The cheapor crappor screen protector will gather dust under, it will look terrible (if you keep looking at it for long, you might think is ok untill someone point it out to you). At the moment and it has been for years Martin Field brand are the only ones to consider, if going that way.

There are many reviews and threads on the internet about it, google it for yourself.

21. wimpythewhite

wimpythewhite Well-Known Member

I used the Terrapin screen protector and it fitted beautifully the first time. However when it started to look tired I got another one and it fitted really bad. So bad in fact that I had to remove it and chuck it away

22. Merk78

Merk78 Active Member

Ach well, I'll persevere for now with my cheap ones.

23. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

BS.

I had mine in a pocket with NOTHING ELSE whilst waiting for play to get the HTC ones in at launch, and the amount of light scratches I got has annoyed me. Remember even if material feels soft to you didst mean it is and wont damage your screen. Cotton is especially bad.

The only screens immune were the iPhones due to their coating which the iPhone 4 no longer has.

24. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I've always been impressed with bestskinsever skins. I've used their total body skins on a few Creative devices and have contemplated doing the same with my Desire (currently naked and not really minded).

HTC Desire Skin

25. Akalatengo

I do keep my Desire in a sock (phone sock) while at work, I do indeed like to look after my Desire, however, when I'm out I prefer it without as the sock is a bit ugly and cases even though that I do two of them, are bulky and not like them either.

interesting about the cotton thing you mentioned, I thought cotton was the best to clean the screen, in fact sometimes I rub the screen against my t-shirt and it looks very clean and polish to the naked eye. I will definitely look into this, I wouldn't want to spoil my screen.