• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Please recommend me a 'good' quality screen protector.

I'm getting my desire tomorrow, and my plan for protecting it is a Krusell case which comes with a nice soft interior to make sure the phone doesn't get damaged.

I'm really hoping to avoid the need for a screen protector - Horrible devices, I don't think I've ever had a good experience with them. A little due care and attention goes a long way to make sure the phone doesn't get scratched, so I don't see them as necessary.

Upvote 0
I'm getting my desire tomorrow, and my plan for protecting it is a Krusell case which comes with a nice soft interior to make sure the phone doesn't get damaged.

I'm really hoping to avoid the need for a screen protector - Horrible devices, I don't think I've ever had a good experience with them. A little due care and attention goes a long way to make sure the phone doesn't get scratched, so I don't see them as necessary.

could you send us a link for the Krusell case please?
I think I have one of those and they are great (if is like the one I have)

Upvote 0
+1 for martin fields. I got a twin pack & managed to mess up putting the first one on by getting dust under it. I washed it but it wouldnt go on perfect without bubbles, 2nd one I took my time and applied it perfectly first time, its basically invisible, no bubbles, no dust, very happy with it.

So basically the way I see it is that there are decent screen protectors out there but you need to be careful to "install" it perfectly to get the most out of it :p Martin fields also comes with a camera lens protector which I find useful as I think the camera on the desire is pretty exposed, could see it getting scratched by grit/sand particles if put on a flat desk.

Upvote 0
I've got this one off ebay

HTC DESIRE HYDRO GEL CASE SMOKE BLACK + SCREEN PROTECT on eBay (end time 18-Jul-10 09:17:53 BST)

Hope this helps :D

Amazing value compared to others. The screen protector has been pretty good for me too, I've noticed a couple of bubbles at the very edge just recently though, but it's been on for a while.

Upvote 0
Amazing value compared to others. The screen protector has been pretty good for me too, I've noticed a couple of bubbles at the very edge just recently though, but it's been on for a while.
I bough one of these too, someone posted the details and mentioned that the top left of the screen protector lifts due to the gel case contacting with it, so I set my SP slighly off angle and now I have 2 lifted corners. :eek: The gel case is well worth the money though.

Upvote 0
Play.com (UK) - Mobile - Free Delivery

That's the type of case though didn't get it from that site. I've already got it here ready and waiting, it's really nicely made, looks and feels quite executive - Which I must admit was part of the appeal. The desire is a very nice looking phone, and I wanted the case to do it justice.

very nice and good price too

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
if you think that the screen film is protecting your phone during the weekend when you are on the drink against keys, coins lighters etc, hahaha

screen protectors aren't protecting you or the device from anything, just useless products for people to spend money.

Screens DO get scratched. Some people care, some people do not. I care, so I buy a cheap ass screen protector. I am however most certainly protecting my device from something... scratches.

I personally use them more in the honeymoon phase, for the first 6 months or so. After that I might de-case and de-screen my phone.

Upvote 0
I bought some off ebay and i found it was hard to put it on right, its still not on right as theres bubbes, ive ust not got round to trying again but ive got at least another 5 protectors to try

Yeah, they take some getting used to. You have to go slow and never let the final half "drop" onto the screen or you will def get bubbles. It's best to work into the corners...

Upvote 0
Screens DO get scratched. Some people care, some people do not. I care, so I buy a cheap ass screen protector. I am however most certainly protecting my device from something... scratches.

I personally use them more in the honeymoon phase, for the first 6 months or so. After that I might de-case and de-screen my phone.

Happy that you have found your on way

Upvote 0
I bought the official HTC protectors from Play.com a while ago. There's 2 things I don't like about them: -

1. There's a hole in the protector for the LED, but the protector doesn't stick down very well around the hole, so it's noticeable.

2. There's a small rectangle cut out of the protector on the upper left side. I have no idea why, but again, the protector doesn't stick down fully around this area.

If it wasn't for those 2 things, I'd give them 5/5, but only at the 5 quid price Play are selling them at. The retail price is ridiculous. I managed to apply one without getting a single speck of dust between the protector and the screen, and it doesn't seem to affect the responsiveness of the screen at all. The very slight noticeable areas around the cut outs mentioned above are the only negatives. Without those, I don't think you'd even know a screen protector was fitted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones