Please Report 3G/4G (LTE) Speed Test ResultsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Should be getting mine in oct/november

PyroSporker likes this.
  2. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

You and me both. :) Hopefully our market stays on track (that has been rumored).
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

4. falconey

falconey Well-Known Member

There's an area on my way to work that has always been good for speed, but today I got my best results ever on 3g there.

Attached Files:

BenChase7 likes this.
  5. severous01

severous01 New Member

beaumont texas....supposedly it's slow because they're upgrading towers in our area

3g, 72kbps download
    3g, 115kpbs upload

never heard of uploading being faster but....o well that's what speedtest says
  6. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

7. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

Somers Point, new jersey 08244
    BenChase7 likes this.
  8. IzzNet01

IzzNet01 Member

9. P_Dub

P_Dub Well-Known Member

Doesn't anyone have LTE speeds yet? I thought a few locations have been rolled out already.
  10. xaircooledx

xaircooledx Member

11. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

So I called a sprint yesterday to ask when my towers will be upgraded... I was told July 30..I guess we will find out!
    PattiCakeUS likes this.
  12. SamuraiBigEd

P_Dub, please see the post above for the official Sprint News Release. I am waiting for Sunday!
  13. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

I had a glimpse of LTE in Wichita, KS today. I noticed it on and only lasted a few minutes. I was able to download speed test and run it before it went away.

14. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

Not Verizon fast, but still respectable. Hopefully the speeds will improve as the network is built out and officially activated!
  15. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Some people in KC are getting around 20-24mbps with LTE.
  16. bearballz

bearballz Well-Known Member

This was taken in Oakbrook, Ill., which is a western 'burb of Chicago. 3G speeds have slowed down a bit within the last week and a half for some reason. Was averaging 1.00-1.5MBPS pretty regularly, even in the office.

Read a couple of articles on that in regards to Chicago, Sprint's strategy was to start outside Chicago proper and work their way in. So most of the Chicagoland area (burb's, NW Indiana, etc.) should have LTE by October and Chicago will be the last to get it by years end.

Supposedly areas in NW Indiana are actually up and running with LTE but it's never been confirmed.

Attached Files:

3vodroid likes this.
  17. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I hit a few LTE spots in Plano, TX today. Will add pics in a bit.

Was great while in a given area, but the signal doesn't seem to broadcast far from the tower. maybe a 3 block radius

still checking it out. I could travel say east...and get it. Same road traveling west...3g only. it was weird.
  18. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Honolulu has been absolutely dreadful on 3G lately. Certain places I can literally be sitting under a tower and get almost no data throughput.
  19. SamuraiBigEd

Nothing here at home yet, did it get pushed back? I thought the roll out was supposed to be city wide which is why it took so long to accomplish.
  20. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

I am only getting average of 12 mbps down and 6 mbps up.
  21. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Not at all...this is a soft launch. What area are you in? Dallas for example was switched on this week yes, but scheduled completion is not until November

only? lol
  22. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

What exactly is everyone classifying as "verizon fast"

verizon and att both have an average LTE speed of 8-12 Mbps...sure there will be peaks of faster speeds, especially closer to the tower, but don't set expectations on that.

In the limited testing I did yesterday I got speeds anywhere from 3.5-25Mbps dload ...dependent on how far I was from the tower.

It was exactly what I expected speed wise...I was hoping signal would carry further from the tower though.
  23. SamuraiBigEd

I'm in San Antonio and according to what I have read from Sprint the first cities (which includes S.A.) would be fully live on 7/15 with the other cities starting to be active in November. This was supposedly being done to guaranty we did not have the fiasco that was the wimax rollout where some parts of town still don't have it to this day.
  24. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Where did you read that...I have seen nothing that claimed full capacity on roll out date

the specific page I had was on the inside sprint now site I believe and has since been pulled

I will keep looking for it tho
    here it is

so going by that..the "launch" markets should be at 40-50% completion as of today..and 100% by the date listed

this site is pretty insane
    SamuraiBigEd likes this.
  25. SamuraiBigEd

Thanks "Other Ed", when was Austin added, it never appeared on any of the lists before.