• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Report 3G/4G (LTE) Speed Test Results

There's an area on my way to work that has always been good for speed, but today I got my best results ever on 3g there.

Attachments

• 2012-06-29_07-45-09.jpg
    2012-06-29_07-45-09.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
For those in certain areas of these cities (full deployment will continue after launch):
Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio
I hope to see some speedy tests around July 15 ;)

Sprint Newsroom | Sprint to Unleash the Speed and Power of 4G LTE in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio on July 15

Doesn't anyone have LTE speeds yet? I thought a few locations have been rolled out already.

P_Dub, please see the post above for the official Sprint News Release. I am waiting for Sunday!

Upvote 0
This was taken in Oakbrook, Ill., which is a western 'burb of Chicago. 3G speeds have slowed down a bit within the last week and a half for some reason. Was averaging 1.00-1.5MBPS pretty regularly, even in the office.

Read a couple of articles on ons4gru.com that in regards to Chicago, Sprint's strategy was to start outside Chicago proper and work their way in. So most of the Chicagoland area (burb's, NW Indiana, etc.) should have LTE by October and Chicago will be the last to get it by years end.

Supposedly areas in NW Indiana are actually up and running with LTE but it's never been confirmed.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1342198080824.jpg
    PicsArt_1342198080824.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
Nothing here at home yet, did it get pushed back? I thought the roll out was supposed to be city wide which is why it took so long to accomplish.

Not at all...this is a soft launch. What area are you in? Dallas for example was switched on this week yes, but scheduled completion is not until November

I am only getting average of 12 mbps down and 6 mbps up.

only? lol

Upvote 0
Not Verizon fast, but still respectable. Hopefully the speeds will improve as the network is built out and officially activated!

What exactly is everyone classifying as "verizon fast"

verizon and att both have an average LTE speed of 8-12 Mbps...sure there will be peaks of faster speeds, especially closer to the tower, but don't set expectations on that.

In the limited testing I did yesterday I got speeds anywhere from 3.5-25Mbps dload ...dependent on how far I was from the tower.

It was exactly what I expected speed wise...I was hoping signal would carry further from the tower though.

Upvote 0
Not at all...this is a soft launch. What area are you in? Dallas for example was switched on this week yes, but scheduled completion is not until November

I'm in San Antonio and according to what I have read from Sprint the first cities (which includes S.A.) would be fully live on 7/15 with the other cities starting to be active in November. This was supposedly being done to guaranty we did not have the fiasco that was the wimax rollout where some parts of town still don't have it to this day.

Upvote 0
I'm in San Antonio and according to what I have read from Sprint the first cities (which includes S.A.) would be fully live on 7/15 with the other cities starting to be active in November. This was supposedly being done to guaranty we did not have the fiasco that was the wimax rollout where some parts of town still don't have it to this day.

Where did you read that...I have seen nothing that claimed full capacity on roll out date

the specific page I had was on the inside sprint now site I believe and has since been pulled

I will keep looking for it tho
here it is
http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

so going by that..the "launch" markets should be at 40-50% completion as of today..and 100% by the date listed

this site is pretty insane
http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/...n-the-dfw-houston-san-antonio-austin-markets/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?app=ccs

Reactions: SamuraiBigEd
Upvote 0
Where did you read that...I have seen nothing that claimed full capacity on roll out date

the specific page I had was on the inside sprint now site I believe and has since been pulled

I will keep looking for it tho
here it is
Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

so going by that..the "launch" markets should be at 40-50% completion as of today..and 100% by the date listed

this site is pretty insane
Sprint LTE is now discoverable in the DFW, Houston, San Antonio & Austin markets - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Articles

Thanks "Other Ed", when was Austin added, it never appeared on any of the lists before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones