Please somebody help me out!!!

Last Updated:

1. bigrick352

bigrick352 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I am trying to root my Evo and I can not figure it out for the life of me. Everywhere I go I will try and follow the directions exactly but something will go wrong. I got the new update from Sprint on Tuesday dont know if that makes a difference or not.

What will I have to have downloaded and where is it supposed to be downloaded(phone,computer) to be able to root and get 2.2 on my phone??

The easiest way to do it would be great.

Please help me!! Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

Start by using Simple Root. Download it here. [Program] SimpleRoot .1 ---- 3 Click Root w/ nand unlock!! - xda-developers Extract the files to a folder on your computer. Then plug your phone into the computer with a USB cable. Hit the first button on the program and follow the directions.

That will at least root your phone. Then make another post about how to install a new ROM. It's almost as easy, so don't worry.

3. bigrick352

Thanks for your help!!!!

Would I need to back my phone up?? If so how would I go about backing the phone up??

4. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

I would. But rooting your phone is not going to erase anything or screw it up. You can't brick it by rooting. You can only mess it up once you start flashing ROMs. You'll have to go back and change your settings again when you're done, but that's just the way it goes when you root. You'll get all your apps back from the Market. It remembers which ones you paid for.

In the future, after you root, buy something like My Backup Pro, but don't worry about that now. Just root the phone.

As another poster said, if you've installed all of the sprint OTA updates, then this might not work and you'll have to wait for a developer to find a new vulnerability in the software in order to root. But it's worth a shot. Like I said, the worst that will happen is that nothing will happen.

5. bigrick352

What do you mean go back and change my settings??

After I install the simple root all I would have to do is install ROMs and I should be good to go??

If I do a backup will I have to go through and download everything I have?? Or would it still be on my phone??