Please tell me im doing something wrong.

Last Updated:

1. mike208

mike208 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded a pic i want to set as my wallpaper. When i attempt to do this it brings up the pic and the green box you use to crop the photo if you want to. The pic i got is tall so it should be a good fit for.the screen but unfortunately the box is maxing out width wise and wont let me extend it to the height i need to grab the whole pic. Am i doing it wrong? Can i just set the pic without using the box and have it use the full pic?

Advertisement
  2. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Evo's wallpaper size is actually wider then it is tall, 960x800. So you need a more widescreen or landscape orientated photo.

3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

The phone sucks trying to do this natively. I spent $0.99 on a program called Wallpaper Maker that did it perfectly. I know have my own art as my wallpaper.

4. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

I agree. Having and knowing how to use photoshop to resize and crop photos is nice too. But Wallpaper Maker is MUCH cheaper then photoshop.

5. mike208

So if i crop it to the correct size before putting it on the phone then i wont have to worry about the crop box thing?

I dont understand why the pic would need to be wider as opposed to tall, the home screen is in portrait not landscape.

6. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

7. mike208

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for explaining it. I may have to download an app to allow different wallpapers on each screen, would that allow me to use the taller pic and have them fit on each individual screen?

I am trying to theme my phone around the ohio state buckeyes(don't hate, lol), I haven't really been able to find any good themes for them out there yet, so i was working on making my own.

Thanks for the link, I will see if any of those strike me.

8. mike208

It seems I may have done something to my phone while attempting to load one of the wallpapers. The last time I tried to use the buckeye one I was trying it didn't load that and instead defaulted to the multi colored HTC background you see in the ads for the phone. I just tried to change it to one of the other htc backgrounds and it still has that same multi colored one. What did I do?

Nvm, somehow I fixed this.s It let me add my wallpaper. Well one of the default ones anyway.

9. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

I don't know what you might have done. I don't use an app to apply wallpaper, so maybe that had something to do with it. If it was a free app, try uninstalling it and then change the wallpaper manually by selecting it after putting it onto the SD card via USB cable.

10. mike208

Hmmm, I also don't see wallpaper maker on the app store, lol. Its just not my day I guess.

11. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Has strange name in market... dodol custom wallpaper maker.