Please tell me what "roaming included" means!

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just switched to the Everything Data 450 plan and it says "America - Roaming Included." Does this mean roaming calls are *free*, or just that I have the *ability* to make roaming calls?

I ask because I'm pretty sure I had "roaming included" on my last plan (a custom Free & Clear plan) yet I still occasionally had roaming charges. Just this month I somehow have a $15 roaming charge.

Perhaps I'm wrong about my former plan, but what about my current one? Will I still be charged for roaming or is it completely free now?

Advertisement
  2. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

If you're in the USA, you don't pay extra for domestic calls. However, "Any Mobile, Any Time" will not follow you. Those calls will count against your 450 allowance, or night/weekends, if applicable. Data access will also vary, with most carriers only extending 1x service to roamers.

The original "Free and Clear" plans, if I can remember back that far, allowed for no roaming charges on any other Sprint system around the country, but charged for non-Sprint.

3. JohnJSal

Ah, so even when it says "roaming included," that only applies to phone calls and not roaming data usage?

4. beeperdoo

beeperdoo Active Member

im wondering the same thing. specifically if there's a roaming data cap.

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Fine print on sprints plan page 300mb limit on Roaming Data.

Also for the OP, if you went over your 450 minutes then roaming is no longer included in the overage minutes. You pay full roaming rate for those minutes.

6. JohnJSal

Well, prior to my 450 plan I had 1000 anytime minutes and I know I never went over that. I also didn't use more than 300MB of data.