PLEASE VOTE!! Our Evo is losing to a Galaxy S

Last Updated:

1. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Just deal with it dude. The galaxy s line is pretty well build and they seem to have less hardware issues than what the Evo since the day it was launched. The phone is just fing nice to bad the full querty is a deal breaker for me, but I'm considering jumping ship.

WaSTeLaNd likes this.
  3. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

voted

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

finally.. the next round...

I dont see how we might beat the Galaxy S.. there are so many different flavors of that.. on many carriers... EVO can be in trouble here!

5. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think the problem is that not enough people are seeing this. I think the Evo would win easy if every one saw this. I mean the Evo has a waiting list at every store to buy it becasue it sells out so quick. The Galaxy S is available in every store I have seen even though they only got a few in, just like the Evo...

jroc and EleventhHour2139 like this.
  6. Darkshear

Darkshear Active Member

Is it really fair to compare a single phone to an entire platform?

Flash77, JohnJSal and WaSTeLaNd like this.
  7. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

A better question would be: Is it really that important to solicit votes for an online cell-phone competition?

Curiously enough, I would answer "no" to both.

8. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

i'd vote for the galaxy s, sorry man lol
    in slab form i think it wins, but i didn't like the Epic as a slider.

9. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

You're not paying attention if you think that. Evo's hardware issues were mostly cosmetic, the Epic has functional hardware problems.

10. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Name the hardware issues the Epic has minus really bad gps.

11. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member

As far as hardware issues go, I've had my Evo since it's release on day one. No problems whatsoever so I can't vouch for those that have. My wife got her Epic on 8/31 release day. It's already gone back for a replacement; the capacitive buttons (back) worked when it felt like it. The keyboard is always moving in your hand so the phone does not feel solid. The GPS is at least two blocks off and that is with cell tower assist (hardware vs. software) who knows. The screen? I don't understand the ohhhs and ahhs frankly. I watch movies, do text editing and all the thngs that a smart phone can do and believe me "size matters"! As far as the UI, I dumped touchwiz day one and Sense on my Evo for that matter. Launcher Pro Plus on both and my Evo is buttery smooth while the Epic has noticable lag. I've literally spent hours with both phones. I honestly tried to like the Epic ($450 + out of contract makes you want to love it), but the wife had to have a physical keyboard. And another thing, about that keyboard..you have to be a contortionist to use it for things like punctuation, capitalization etc. With Swype, I type three times as fast with very few errors. I don't get it. Now I'll be the first to admit I am a fanboy of the Evo, in my opinion the baddest phone on the planet but as I said earlier, I wanted to like the Epic. Looked forward to playing with it but it does not compare to the Evo end of story.

12. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

That thing is BS anyway. Palm Pre beat the Droid Incredible AND the Nexus One?

And Galaxy S will win because more people know what it is from their advertising.

sabertwist likes this.
  13. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

What do we/y'all win....oh wait.

gregs887 likes this.
  14. Thefoodman52

Just for shits and giggles I voted Galaxy S. It's FoneArena... they don't know half a squat about anything on any of those phones in this 'contest'. Knowing them, the Palm Pre is going to be the winrar because it's shiny-er than the rest and looks like a river stone.

15. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot Guide

Why would we not include that? GPS is a key feature in smart phones.

...Besides. A poll like that is useless. It is not mainstream, the people who made it obviously cannot even manage to put together a list of phones that are at least on the same playing field...Not to mention the fact they compare a line of phones against a single phone... Apparently they have no clue if they think Galaxy S is an actual phone...

Not bothering to vote because no matter who wins the poll is a fail.

Aside from that, I don't care about my phones popularity. Personally I wish it was a little less popular. Then you could at least find one at a store!

16. Maverrique

Maverrique Member

As explained to me by an employee at the sprint store, this is due heavily to the fact that the same company makes the screens for both the EVO and the galaxy, and priority is placed on the galaxy right now because it's newer and more heavily advertised. Causing there to be less EVOs in production

17. XOS THW

XOS THW Well-Known Member

Voted!

18. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

19. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

The EVO and the Galaxy S use 2 different types of screens. The EVO uses LCD while the Galaxy uses a super AMOLED.

20. Thefoodman52

Fixed.

21. royal42crown

royal42crown Well-Known Member

Lets not forget samsung was making the screen for the evo then when they started pushing galaxy s phones they slowed production. This caused the shortage on the evos and forced htc to go to another vendor for them. Alot of people I offer the epic to still choose the evo even though the epics in stock. They just don't see the price difference being worth it for a better screen and a few less features.

22. pb pedis

pb pedis Active Member

I voted for the EVO, but unfortunately we are still losing the poll. Oh well, I know which phone I would buy again! I am very glad to see we beat out the iphone 4 though.

23. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

bye! Lmao

24. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

You mean the HTC Incredible and Nexus One. The HTC EVO 4G has always had an TFT LCD screen.

25. Brian360

Brian360 Well-Known Member

Palm Pre beats Droid Incredible???