• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please welcome me!!!

stevo101

Feb 22, 2009
i just joined this forum to ask some questions and see whats going on with the g1. i had some questions i was wondering you smart folks can answer for me please. first a little about where i stand i have sprint now and my contract just ran out few weeks ago, so now i dont know if i should get the pre, or the iphone, or the g1. tmobile doesnt have 3g speeds in my area so thats one concern. The other one i have about the g1 is internal space for programs how many programs about can you say you can have before you run out of space? im used to windows mobile because i have had that for ever i just dont want this phone to remind me of a windows mobile phone.

i just joined this forum to ask some questions and see whats going on with the g1. i had some questions i was wondering you smart folks can answer for me please. first a little about where i stand i have sprint now and my contract just ran out few weeks ago, so now i dont know if i should get the pre, or the iphone, or the g1. tmobile doesnt have 3g speeds in my area so thats one concern. The other one i have about the g1 is internal space for programs how many programs about can you say you can have before you run out of space? im used to windows mobile because i have had that for ever i just dont want this phone to remind me of a windows mobile phone.

Currently I am not recommending anyone Purchase a G1 ...because of extremely limit memory for apps and no way to backup "paid apps" ...

see this thread for more details ...
http://www.androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=3767

Upvote 0
hey thanks for answering my question guys! i read those posts so they might allow it to go to sd in the future (or you can do the xda developers thing).so for now this thing will be limited like my windows phones, those even let me put stuff on the sd card but some applications that run in the homescreen cant do that so you run out of internal memory like you would with the g1. the other problem with putting sutff on the sd card it doesnt run as fast as internal memory!! so maybe i will try to hold off for a few more months and see if the pre can do any better!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones