please welcome me!!!

Last Updated:

1. stevo101

stevo101 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i just joined this forum to ask some questions and see whats going on with the g1. i had some questions i was wondering you smart folks can answer for me please. first a little about where i stand i have sprint now and my contract just ran out few weeks ago, so now i dont know if i should get the pre, or the iphone, or the g1. tmobile doesnt have 3g speeds in my area so thats one concern. The other one i have about the g1 is internal space for programs how many programs about can you say you can have before you run out of space? im used to windows mobile because i have had that for ever i just dont want this phone to remind me of a windows mobile phone.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Currently I am not recommending anyone Purchase a G1 ...because of extremely limit memory for apps and no way to backup "paid apps" ...

see this thread for more details ...
    http://www.androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=3767

3. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

4. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt Well-Known Member

Hi stevo101 and welcome to the forum. A G1 may or may not be the phone for you but I wouldn't be too swayed by Jim's comments. Even with the current app storage situation I have plenty of room for the apps that I want and as Devolio says the current situation is bound to be improved.

5. stevo101

stevo101 Active Member This Topic's Starter

hey thanks for answering my question guys! i read those posts so they might allow it to go to sd in the future (or you can do the xda developers thing).so for now this thing will be limited like my windows phones, those even let me put stuff on the sd card but some applications that run in the homescreen cant do that so you run out of internal memory like you would with the g1. the other problem with putting sutff on the sd card it doesnt run as fast as internal memory!! so maybe i will try to hold off for a few more months and see if the pre can do any better!