• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root pleaz help for russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, they cant be. this phone has cdma, which cant be unlocked... and lte which does use a uic card, similar to a sim, but the problem is its embedded, so even if you could unlock the device to be able to switch the card out, i hope you got some really good soldering skills, and it would only ever get lte no phone service

Upvote 0
basically, im gonna break it down like this. if you could unlock the firmware for this phone, you could unlock your own firmware... but either way it couldnt work because cdma is a completely different type of connection, its like trying to hack bluetooth with wifi firmware, two completely different types of signals. so either you have no idea what youre talking about, or youre trying to steal someones account info, either way its not gonna happen

sprint/boost/virgin use cdma, so that v9800 can NOT work on boost mobile, it is a gsm phone, it uses imei and a sim card, boost phones use cdma which is a meid and in the case of lte it has a sim but this particular phone has it embedded so it can never be changed out, and even if it could its not a gsm sim its an lte uim, there is a difference

so whatever youre trying to do, its not gonna work, youre gonna have to get over it

Upvote 0
The question has been answered. The files requested contain personal account information and should NEVER be shared. The technologies are not compatible, so a firmware hack won't make it work. CDMA phones are not locked on the device, they are permitted on the network by the carrier.

There's really nothing left to discuss, so I'm locking the thread. If you think there is any need to re-open it, send me a PM. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones