• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEEEASE help me unlock this phone

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!!!

I have an UNACTIVATED LG optimus one p500 with the carrier "koodo" and i am in Canada right now. and i am leaving for Africa on Sunday, then Haiti. i NEED to unlock this phone....

i got a code online and it looks similar to this:

nck 280309375029750395 sp 32095003283795030

my questions are:
1.) do i need to keep the SIM card INSIDE the phone when i unlock or do i remove it first?
2.) do i enter in the letters ALONG with the numbers in the code or just the numbers? do i enter ALL of the numbers given? what about spaces in between letters and numbers? do i enter those?

p.s. i know that i type in 2945#*500# to enter the code, but i know NOTHING after that.

yeah...i saw that page. i got code online at sim-unlock.com or .net or something...

the instructions are unhelpful on every site.

something shady about people not helping you get a phone unlocked. they demand unreasonable cash to do it for you. i am not trying to cheat my way out of a contract, i just want to go to the third world. forever.

somebody pleeeeaaasssee heeeelllllppp...?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones