Plenty of 3G bars ... but no data!Support

Last Updated:

1. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Had a bit of an issue with our Epic. For a while tonight, 3G data seemed to have conked out. There were plenty of bars, and 4G and WiFi worked fine. But for some reason 3G data registered "no connection" whenever called by an app. After about 30 minutes it cleared up (not sure if activating/deactivating 4G helped). Anyone else have this experience? Kinda sucked because we were trying to demo video calling at the time and failed miserably.

Advertisement
  2. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

You tried to Demo video calling on 3G? That is not possible at this time, only 4g or Wifi....Unless I am misunderstanding here, correct me if I'm wrong. I do not know why the data would lose connectivity like that considering 4G worked. Regardless, there maybe some kinks that need to be worked out because there seems to be a lot of people without any issues at the moment but a handful of noted problems that people have detected.

3. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

Dr g, where are you located? I have been having the same problem with my EVO in Atlanta. Quite a bit lately actually. It got so bad I did a factory reset to resolve it and seems better. I'd have 4-5 bars and no internet connection.

I think it's a Sprint issue and not a phone issue.