pls help.rooted, but didnt do a full wipe.

Last Updated: 2012-04-25 01:13:27
  1. caloyzki

caloyzki Well-Known Member

hello, i just rooted my phone but i didnt do any full wipe before rooting my phone. can i still do a full wipe and root my phone again? pls help/

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

There's no need to do a full wipe when rooting, a full wipe only needs to be done when changing roms. I would recommend booting into recovery mode and clearing cache and dalvik (in advanced). Then just reboot and you should be good.
  3. caloyzki

ty for the response. i am planning to change my roms. is it better to do a full wipe?
  4. Shotgun84

Its always better to do a full wipe when changing roms. It stops the chance of things from the old ROM interfering with the new.
  5. caloyzki

okay. i see why full wipe needs to be done. how im gonna do a full wipe sir?
  6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Boot into recovery, and the option is in the main menu.
  7. caloyzki

hi i wanna do a nandroid back up first before doing a full wipe, but
    HOW come when i do a nandroid back up i go to backup and restore and hit back up it says "Can't mount backup path" what am i gonna do?
  8. Slug

Is this from recovery or the CWM app? Whichever, try the alternative.
  9. caloyzki

not from the CWM app. i turned off my phone and press voulume up + home button + switch button.

now i went to the CWM app and click the reboot, and from there samething happen. "cant mount backup path"

omg, maybe my phone bricked already? i cannot do nandroid backup anymore.
  10. Slug

It's not 'bricked' as it still works. You've got a problem with your internal storage partition (/sdcard) though, as it's obviously not being recognised. Do you have an external SD card installed too?
  11. caloyzki

that is the problem. dont have any external SD as of the moment? is there any way that i can go back to un-root phone (like how i bought it) and then i am gonna do the root again. maybe that is the only way to be fixed?
  12. Slug

Sure, just flash the stock firmware back with Odin.
  13. caloyzki

sir, how and where i can get the stock firmware? thank you.
    just to let u know, this is the only one that i put on my phone thru ODIN and nothing else.

CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-PROPER-v5.4-CWM5.zip

and after i flashed that to ODIN i get the CWM, and SU icons, and i install titanium backup and i back up all my files, but when i backup nandroid thru recpvery mode that is the one that is giving me a problem it wont backup. ty.
  14. Shotgun84

15. caloyzki

nope the M250K is from my brother.

i have this I9100UHLPE.

how can i un-root my phone to go back the way i bought my phone? ty because i cannot backup from nandroid. i want to go back to the original settings and everything and then i am gonna root again. ty hope u can help me.
  16. Shotgun84

That'll teach me to trust my memory.
    Anyway just download your original firmware from here and flash with Odin.
    SamMobile Firmware Page
  17. caloyzki

ty shotgun. but the problem is i dont see from that site the same stock firmware i have before which is I9100UHLPE.
  18. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Official, stock firmware, for I9100UHLPE, Android 4.0.3, here.
  19. caloyzki

omg. ty again ironass. i really owe u a lot. and shotgun,slug and everyboody for helping us here. u guys really help a lot of people on this site.

i am gonna run this to odin and it will go back to un-root my phone?

because after doing that i am gonna root it again.hopefully i am not gonna get error message by doing backup from nandroid.
  20. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

No need to thank me caloyzki... just send me a box of aspirin.

I know I've said it before, (in at least 4 other posts to you), please read everything carefully and thoroughly... here is my motto...

"Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" :argh:
  21. caloyzki

ironass likes this.
  22. caloyzki

can i run the 7Z files thru ODIN? because on this link the file contains 7Z file. i toguht only .tar files for Odin?
  23. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

have you looked in the .7z file?
    I dont know exactly what you downloaded, but there may well be a .tar file in there
  24. caloyzki

THIS is the files that i downloaded from there. and each of them are 7Z.files, no .tar files after finished downloading. which is the right stock rom on that link that i need to re-flashed on my phone?

skywanker.net - download

skywanker.net - download
  25. Slug

You didn't look inside the files, did you? There's a .tar.md5 file inside each of them, which is one of the file formats recognised by Odin.