plug into PC usb, odd behavior with SD card.Support

Last Updated:

1. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This just started happening today and I'm not sure why.

I plug my phone into my PC with the USB plug (tried 2 computers)

I am prompted on the phone which USB option to use.

I choose the first one "Charge Only".

I go to music or gallery and it says, "SD card is in use and cannot be accessed." :confused:
    (The pc can access the card)

I check the USB settings and it is still set to charge only, I click done (like I'm choosing USB only again) and then it proceeds to prepare the SD card.

The SD card is now accessible through the android OS again.

It's not causing major problems but I'd really like to know why I need to choose USB charge only TWICE to make the SD card usable again after plugging it into my PC.

Also, I tried rebooting and it's the same.

:confused:

Update:

okay, I just uninstalled double twist (only thing I installed today) and it started working like normal.

Strange.

Advertisement
  2. FrankMurphy

FrankMurphy New Member

I had this same problem. The reason doubleTwist is causing this issue is because doubleTwist has a setting that tells your PC to automatically mount your SD card anytime you connect your phone, regardless of which option you select when prompted by Android. The setting is enabled by default when you install doubleTwist. Just disable the setting in doubleTwist ("Automatic USB Drive") and the problem should be solved.

3. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity why do you choose "charge only" instead of mounting it as a drive?