• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help plugging in charger always reboots nexus 7

foydanarbu

Lurker
Dec 14, 2009
I have a 32 gb , 4.2.1, nexus 7, my problem is that when the tablet is shut down i plug in to charger (proprietary plug-usb) this reboots the nexus every time, so I end up charging overnight with the tablet on ( not preferred), the only way to get round this it seams is to plug the cable in then shut it down, this then means that to reboot after charge I need to hold the power button down for 30 seconds ?
I don't know why it boots up every time I connect the charger when off?
Can anyone help?

i think this is just the way android works. all the devices ive ever had works this very way. unless i plug it in first then shut down it will reboot. whats the big deal with it being on every night anyways? just wondering because i dont think ive rebooted ether my phone or my n7 in months... it defiantly wont hurt it being on during the night. if you dont want emails and such just turn on airplane mode before you go to sleep.

Upvote 0
Ok well yes and thanks for the advice/personal opinions, but I do like my device to be off at night.

The problem is when I unplug in the morning, go to work, return home at night and turn on/reboot the device it either has used up some of the juice because it has been sat there "asleep" or I have to do the long press boot thingy.

This has never happened on any other android device before and the battery is very erratic, I've installed a battery monitor and the graphs are bizarre?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones