Plus' to Rooting

Last Updated:

1. pEktaS

pEktaS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a search for posts on this but couldn't find anything, but my question is what are the perks to rooting? I know there are more apps but what sort of apps/what sort of stuff does it allow me to do. I want to make sure its worth the risk that comes along with it for me to do it, i don't wanna risk my phone if its nothing i will ever use.

Advertisement
  2. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

they have a 1 click root out right now so its pretty easy to do and as for the perks you can use your phone as a wireless router and use other 'root' only apps

3. pEktaS

pEktaS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thats what im asking, what kind of apps are there. I read the favorite root apps post and nothing blew me away most seemed to deal with protecting your stuff like the titanium backup i want to know if there are things that let us make the phone os look cooler or something or just anything other than just being able to take screen shots of my phone cause that isnt worth the risk to me i dont think

4. Evolver

Evolver Active Member

Well if you're looking for better battery life, setting up SetCPU properly will give you quite a few more hours. It nearly doubled mine. There is also practically no risk rooting the phone itself, its what you do with root that can potentially screw it up.

5. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

With my Droid 1 the biggest plus for me was theming and source based ROMs...but right now custom ROMs aren't possible and theming is just too risky IMO because there's no nandroid backup. You piss off that bootloader and you're done.

Once I get my DX, I'll probably root it just to get rid of the bloat ... but I'm really going to miss the themes.

6. keegan1014

keegan1014 Well-Known Member

I paid the 99 cents and got root in like 30 seconds

7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

check out the favorite root apps thread here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid-x/131944-favorite-root-applications.html

8. SnowBose

SnowBose Active Member

after rooting my DX, i noticed it being snappier and more responsive. this, and wi-fi tethering, has made rooting worth it for me.