PLZ help me, I just dont get it

Last Updated:

1. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lurking for months, read a lot, decided to root. Screwed phone all up, had coworker fix phone. Rooted phone again today, (after more reading) and installed set cpu, titanium pro, wifi teather, astro, and rom manager.

I'm pretty sure I did backups in titanium and astro right. I went into rom manager pro, backed up existing rom, and downloaded UD10, phone rebooted and my ninja superuser icon has changed and any app that required superuser permissions won't run..

Plz help me, I admit I'm not real "tech" inclined but I really was doing my reading and I still don't get it. I just want the apps I have to run, and possibly learn to do more. But how do I make it so I can always go back to where I was. I just get lost in all the pages and pages of reading I thought I was gaining ground.

Now I hope my coworker is in tomorrow, I'm leaving to see my brother off to Afghanistan Friday, and I wanted the wifi teather for the road trip so my son could use the laptop on the drive.....Shoulda left well enough alone

EDIT: OK now in checking my phone, I also dont have my settings shortcut in the app drawer, its there but doesnt work. The phone dialer is @#!%$*@ GONE, the stock power widget says problem loading where the widget should be.

All I did is backup current rom in rom manager pro, & download UD froyo beta and then the phone rebooted.

Advertisement
  2. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

What happens when you try to run the apps that need the superuser privileges? Worse case scenario, if and when you need the wireless tethering, just reboot into Recovery and restore your previous rom that everything was working on.

HOTHEAD likes this.
  3. HOTHEAD

when I try to run those apps, I get permissions not granted window. If I try to open superuser icon I get stopped running window. Please explain how to restore from recovery (for a dummy) tried to do it thru rom manager and I get permissions has stopped unexpectedly window.

4. es0tericcha0s

Just do it old school lol. There are 2 ways, if your rom has this functionality, just hold down power until the menu comes up and choose Reboot, and it should give you the option to Reboot into Recovery, Bootloader, or just plain Reboot. If this does not work with your rom or because your phone is kind of messed up at the moment, then just turn the phone off and then slide out the keyboard, hold down the physical "X" button and then hit power. This will get you into Recovery mode. From there you can go to restore your nandroid backup. If you need more help, hit me up in the chat room I hang out in a lot: http://chat.andirc.net:9090/?channels=DroidEris Just type my screen name there: cha0s and it will alert me that you are trying to get my attention. Hope this helps...

HOTHEAD likes this.
  5. HOTHEAD

Thank you very much, I am truly grateful. Back to reading I go.

Regards
    HOTHEAD

6. es0tericcha0s

Glad to be of service. If you need more help sometime, and you use your Talk app, hit me up - es0tericcha0s@gmail.com . I'm not an expert by any means, but I do understand a lot of this stuff since I play with my phone non stop and read the forums consistently. Have a good one.

7. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

install the rom again, but this time do a wipe data/cache....Also, what rom where you coming from. If it was from a 2.1 rom, you should put the generic 2.2 rom on then install the ud rom that you want.