plz help. question about browser. gingerbread

1. bigjoncoop

bigjoncoop Well-Known Member

Hey fellaz

I'm running gingerbread. Using standered browser.

For example:
    Ill load this page to post a new thread. It will fully load. If I leave the browser for any amount of time, when I got back into it it always reloads the page I was at instead of just going rite back to where I was. Its really anonnying. And it uses up data

Is there away to change that? Should I get a new browser? If so what one?

Thankz

Advertisement
    :
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Firefox.
  3. bigjoncoop

I just went to Google play and its says Firefox is not compadable with my device. Won't let me download. It.

Any idea? I'm running gingerbread. LG L38c
  4. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Well-Known Member

Firefox beta.
  5. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I suggest Opera mini.
  6. bigjoncoop

I just tried fire fox beta and it said the same thing. That it is not compadable with my device

Any ideas? What about crome. Or is there a way to stop my current browser from doing.this?

Thanks guys

Wats the best browser I could use if that's the only way to solve this problem
  7. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

Opera Mini is nice if your phone is a little sluggish when using the web browser (choppy scrolling, etc). And I'm not sure if it was Opera Mini or another version of Opera, but it loads somewhat "stripped down" pages to save mobile data.

Other browsers you can try:
    Dolphin
    Dolphin Beta
    Boat Browser
    Chrome Beta(?)
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That's sounding like a symptom of running a lot without a lot of ram.

What sort of phone do you have?

Are you running a task killer?

The smallest memory browsers I can think of would be a mini (not sure about Opera, but probably so), or Boat Browser Mini - or the Naked Browser.

That said, both of those last two will reload pages when I'm running a lot of other things, which leads to my questions above.
    dustwun77 and IOWA like this.
  9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Agree with this completely. This used to happen to me a lot with my moment, and occasionally with my shift.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  10. bigjoncoop

Hey guys thanks for ur help.

I've got a LG l38c running gingerbread. My phone normally runs with around 115mb free ram available.
    And my browser doesn't always reload the page when I go bak into. Just certain site. Like this site.
    And I do not use task killers!!! Read alot about them.

Thanks

Hey I just noticed something. If I'm on this site and hit my home key then come back in browser it reloads this page but if my screen times out and turns off and I turn back on and unlock screen this page is still here. Doesn't have to reload it. Don't know if that helps
  11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

We have a lot of active content on our pages, I see reloading often when I do that.

Try Boat Browser Mini, settings, browser settings, turn on cache to sd card.

If the problem is related to big, active pages that can help a lot. No guarantees, but I think it's worth a shot.

Another is that browser, settings, page settings, set flash content to on-demand.