1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

PLZ HELP!!! settings data deleted force close on everythingSupport

1. smokeyn11

smokeyn11 New Member

pls help me, last night i was deleting caches for apps to free up some memory when i accidently deleted the data for settings. Now my phone force closes any app i try to use and i cant access the settings to do a factory reset. i get this warning ( the application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly please try again) and also straight after that comes up it says the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly please try again. im running the official 2.1 update from lg and phone is not rooted. if any one has any idea how to fix i would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. smokeyn11

smokeyn11 New Member

just did a hard reset ( vol up + home + search) and that seems to have done the trick. thanks evryone
  3. skairdykat

skairdykat Member

I did the exact same thing the other week :eek:. A hard reset fixed it for me too
  4. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member

Me too!

Tried flashing it with fastboot and everything force closed but hard reset fixed it
  5. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member

Double post
  6. Preema786

Preema786 New Member

the same thing is happening to me and i tried the volume up, home and search buttons but it doesn't even work.. what can i do? someone tell me asap please. im dying here!
  7. SQUIDY96

SQUIDY96 New Member

i have the same problem. please help, i have tried the hard reset and nothing happened????
  8. wellerdjs

wellerdjs New Member

the hard reset does work just did it on mine after i messed my phone up, you just have to press volume up home and the search buttom simultaniusly
  9. wellerdjs

wellerdjs New Member

have you still not managed to do the hard reset