• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
hi, i really would a[FONT=&quot]ppreciate[/FONT] some ones help, i got this android tablet and when i switch it on it freezes on the android logo it says android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.5 just before the logo comes up, plus it didnt have an sd card so i got a new one, however i was wondering if i need to put any folders/files or software on it becouse its fully blank, i also read on a different website that i need to download firmware and put it on the sd card to make the tablet work. the problem is i think its supposed to go a specific folder on the sd card and the tablet itself cant do it because it freezes this is the uniquestuff.net/fixing_android_tablet_not_booting.html if
there are some pictures of the tablet in the attachment
anyone knows anything please help me

Attachments

• DSC08476.JPG
    DSC08476.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
  • DSC08477.JPG
    DSC08477.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Looks like it's the usual story with these things. Device appears to have bricked itself, probably because of buggy software(ROM) and the culprit/manufacturer responsible doesn't particularly wish to be identified.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help, but its an all too familiar story with cheap Chinese Android tablets and phones.

Presumably WonderMedia is the Chinese chipset manufacturer.

Finding the actual manufacturer and model number is important, because ROMs are specific to a particular device.

"Designed and Made in China" :rolleyes: sounds almost like they're proud of it...a play on Apple's "Designed by Apple in California......"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones