PNG Image files?Support

Last Updated:

1. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How can I get PNG Images from my pc to my DX?

I have used AndroZip to download zip files of icons on my phone but BetterCut will not let me access them where they are and I can't move them with ASTRO, but I can view them in ASTRO.

The same files I downloaded on my pc, then move them to my DX But can't view them.

Any help, on how to access the icons already on my phone w/ BetterCut and how to be able to send PNG Images(icons/wallpapers) from my pc to DX AND be able to view them, would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

With the phone in Mass Storage Mode, just transfer them to a folder on your SD card.

eraursls1984 likes this.
  3. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

I just had the same issue yesterday. What I finally did to view the icons was plug my phone into my computer and drag the icon file into my dcim folder on my SD card which will save the icons in your gallery. Then u won't need better cut, when u go to choose your icon just click on custom icon and it will give u an option to access your gallery and choose your icon. I use lpp.

4. eraursls1984

I believe that only works for the icons in the dock, not the shortcut icons.

5. eraursls1984

How do I get it in mass storage mode? I searched through the settings but couldn't find it. It asked me once last night which mode when I connected to the pc but never before and not since. Thanks for your help

6. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

with lpp it works for both home and dock icons ......now you are correct though because for shortcut icons you do need better cut but just for the dock you dont unless you want to change the dock shortcut also and not just the icon

7. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

A much easier way of transferring files would be to sign up for dropbox, upload the pics from your PC, then install the dropbox client on your phone and download the pics from dropbox. Connecting the USB cable every time you want to throw a pic on your phone is seriously tedious.

eraursls1984 likes this.
  8. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member

Pull down the notification bar (top bar with battery icon, time, etc.) and click on usb connection. A screen should pop up with options to change your connection type. As previously stated pick mass storage mode and just put all the icons you want into a folder and place them on your sd card.

eraursls1984 likes this.
  9. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member

Oh and if you haven't used mass storage or pc mode before make sure you safely remove hardware as to not damage any data on your sd card.

I prefer to put all images of a specific type in a folder so when you go to add them they are easier to access.

eraursls1984 likes this.
  10. eraursls1984

I created folders for icons, docks, and wallpapers. Oh and your post was about 30 minutes late lol, I didn't safely remove my phone but nothing seems to be damaged. It did take forever to load the first time after I disconnected it.