Pocket Carry?

Last Updated:

1. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My last two phones were flip, so pocket carry was no problem. Do you think the Captivate will survive a front jeans pocket or is a case / other protector a requirement?

Advertisement
  2. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

3. thx10538

thx10538 Active Member

i bet it's fine carrying it in a pocket, just don't run into the corner of tables or doors or doorknobs with the screen! I find that when I carry my ipod touch around, i just put the screen facing towards my leg, rather than towards the front of the pocket

4. Jack45

Yes - that's what I do now with my Nokia 6650. Even though it's a flip, the side with the small screen goes towards me. Now I just need to see if the Captivate's form factor fits comfortably in my pocket.

5. shocker

shocker Well-Known Member

It fits in my pockets just fine. No complaints so far. It's so damn thin!

6. lanceeee

lanceeee Member

I have the same reservations about the size of it. I wish it had a 3.7" screen nstead of the 4". This thing is almost the same size as my HP IPAQ from 1999. It was Ok for a shirt pocket or dress pants. I tried the IPAQ in my jean pocket over the weekend (yes I still had it laying around) and I don't think it will work. It will be two restrictive when doing something physical like hiking.

7. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

its probably ALOT thinner than your ipaq. I've had an HD2, and that thing wasn't even that big. The device is actually only a tiny bit bigger physically than an *forgive me for mentioning* iphone. even then it is the same width, just a tiny bit taller. so if you have been carrying any smart phone around you should have no problems.

and if you are a guy wearing very tight pants, please stop use of them immediately for your own good lol.

8. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

*Sigh* If only it were so easy for the gals. It's all I can do to get my tinsy flip phone in my jeans pockets, and it totally ruins the lines in the rear (I develop a "phone tumor" on my arse). Looks like I'm gonna become a holster-packin' momma.

9. Jack45

Post pics. We'll let you know if your lines are ruined.:D

10. sl8125

sl8125 New Member

if size is the issue, i try out the htc aria. very very snappy and nice screen too. plus xda already have a copy of froyo working on it.

11. Jack45

Got my hands on one today from the back of a corporate store. My "Pocket Carry" is no longer a question. It does fit fine and it is so damn thin.

12. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

That's what I get for posting before the crack of dawn on less than 5 hours of sleep - I leave myself wide open for this stuff. :p