Pocket Detection?General

Last Updated: 2013-08-31 16:01:19
  1. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

My old D2G had pocket protection, so that it would recognize when the phone was in your pocket. Seemingly the S4 with its physical home button needs that more than the D2G ever did, but it doesn't seem to have that function.

Am I missing something Samsung is offering? Is there an app?

Advertisement
  2. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

Settings--My Device--Call--Increase Volume in Pocket

As it say's supposed to increase incoming call ring volume when in your pocket or purse.

Can't say how it really knows for sure, movement with the g sensor and/or using the light sensor as well.

That's the only "pocket" related option I know of on the phone at this time.
  3. egDonald

egDonald Well-Known Member

My Motorola Atrix 4g has in pocket detection as well, but it uses it to lock the screen; prevents butt dialing :)
    The setting its located at: Settings> Display.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I wasn't thinking so much about butt dialing, because I use a PIN lock, but instead keeping the screen from turning on a lot. I know it doesn't stay on very long for the PIN screen, but not turning on at all would be better.

Interesting that they offer that, but not what I'm talking about. If you detect pockets for one purpose, you'd think you'd also offer other purposes.

Maybe MOTO has a patent?