1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket God now available for Android!

Last Updated:

1. Sebnotic

Sebnotic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Doesn't seem to be a topic for this game. It just got released for the android.
    Pocket God - Android app on AppBrain

Looks like fun, but too bad I can't install it because it says I don't have enough memory. How much does this fricking game take exactly?I'm starting to play it now.

Advertisement
  2. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Pocket God for Android now available | Android Central

Just wanted to give people a heads up since its such an iconic game for the iPhone.

I wont be getting it myself (wiimote + emaulators suit me just fine) but I really like the fact that more and more iPhone developers keep coming over to Android. Soon enough iPhone owners will have one less reason to justify putting up with Apples monopolistic crap ;)

3. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

I can't find anything like that on market !

4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

It's getting some pretty bad comments in the market, a lot of people are having issues with FC's. Also its 20mb with no SD support. I am all for these iOS converts but if they are going to be poorly implemented then just let them stay on iOS. Any game on market with no SD support is already a failure in my book, specially at 20mb.

5. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

I enjoy playing that kind of game and would have given it a go but not at 20mb - only have 23mb free on phone memory and it starts sending me rude messages if I impinge too much on it's "personal space" :eek:

6. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of people are having force close issues.

I played this game on the iPod Touch and it was a lot of fun trying to figure out all the ways to kill the people.

7. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

It was OK on iOS (I had a 3G a couple of years ago). But I wouldn't say it was good enough to go through again 20mb or not.

8. droidberg

droidberg Well-Known Member

Needs apps2sd. Loved playing around with this on my ex's iPhone.

9. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Force Closes at the splash screen for me, too bad looks entertaining. Will try again after they update it.

10. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Works on my DX for a few minutes then the screen stops responding. The natives still go about their business but I can't affect them.

11. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Have you tried this memory trick? Worked for me...

http://androidforums.com/1932576-post14.html

12. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

Thanks, I had thought about it but on first read thru was a bit daunted (or possibly squiffy;)), but just read it again and it seems straightforward enough so I'll prob sort it out, esp as I wanted to take some screenshots of my new wallpaper and icons.

Cheers for the reminder :D

13. vamp6x6x6x

vamp6x6x6x Well-Known Member

I love that they finally made pocket god for android; now all they need to do is fix the force close issues, and more levels, and make it so u can pay via paypal.

Also does anyone know how it does on a Samsung Galaxy Tab?

14. jasminedd

jasminedd Member

I like those funny looking barbarians
    We need more iphone games transfer into Android!

15. vamp6x6x6x

I agree, like maybe pocket devil even though I love pocket god the best

16. ingcorra

ingcorra Active Member

It seems to doesn't store personal records. It should do (as the iphone version)

17. vamp6x6x6x

Yea, its awesome but they need to do some work like: no auto close when u answer the phone, etc.

Now, don't get me wrong I love that Pocket God is now finally for android, but I kind of wish they worked out all the bugs first because now pocket god is getting s mixed rep...I mean it would have normally started at 4-4.5 stars but now bc the bugs it started more or less at 3 stars.

18. Carimerr

Carimerr Well-Known Member

SECONDED. Zenonia's a good example of this, except that one works pretty well.

19. Dan Fury

Dan Fury Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm getting kinda pissed, this is the first game I have that doesn't work on a Nexus One and I bought a shitload of games. If a game doesn't work on the Lead dev device, it is a bad Omen.

At least I learned something from Pocket God, don't release half baked untested software on the market, the users will tear you new one. I never saw a lower rated "Top iPhone game", not even Doodle Jump was downranked so hard with it's way too expensive price.
    I doubt Pocket God can rehabilitate from it, 2 weeks of 1 star reviews have tainted the name.

20. vamp6x6x6x

Yea, right now pocket god for android is pretty glitchy, but I do this that tif they made an update or 2 soon they may make it.

See for the most part Pocket God plays good on my Vibrant, but when they sleep every now and then it will freeze and even after i exit the game the snoring sound doesn't stop, and when I answer a call it closes so I gotta start it up again...but like I said in a few updates it should be ok.

21. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

The game wouldn't work on my Droid, either. I emailed the support team, and didn't really get much of an answer that helped anything, besides "restart your device".

It concluded with the standard "we're working on things, since it's still new on Android", which is fair, but FC'ing before it even hits the main menu, is a bit silly for a paid app.

Sadly, it took more than 15 minutes to confirm it wasn't my hardware, and to bounce a few emails back and forth (and they were quick about it). With google shifting to a 15 minute return policy, apps like this just won't fly in the paid section of the market.

22. ace5

ace5 Member

dont like this...very lasy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. vamp6x6x6x

15 minute return policy? I thought it was once 24hrs return policy?

24. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

Previously it was 24 hours. With the new market, Google has reduced the terms on the policy to 15 minutes.

I was able to return it, no problem, but in the future, this very well may be an issue. Many dev's I've emailed, take hours to respond, leaving a rather short window to diagnose issues, if wading through the comments doesn't give a heads up.

25. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

When did they change it to 15 minutes?