1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

pocketabilityTips

1. JimmyTheSaint

JimmyTheSaint Well-Known Member

Here's something no one's commented on, but I personally appreciate: you can put this thing in your pocket without that much trouble. With the kind of pants I normally wear (short or long), they're reasonably loose fitting with full size pockets. I can put the 7.7 in the front or back pocket and walk around, no problem. The back pocket is better because I put the on switch toward the top so that it sticks out of the pocket and won't be accidentally actuated. Of course, it's quite annoying (and droppable) to constantly take it out and re-pocket it like a standard size phone. But, for example, if you're in a public place and need to go to the bathroom, you can easily take the 7.7 with you for security, which you can't do so conveniently with a laptop. And I've done miles of walking with the 7.7 in my pocket rather than a bag so that I don't have that extra weight constantly tugging on my shoulder and neck. Yes, there's a certain amount of risk in putting it in your back pocket, but it's good to have this unexpected option.

Advertisement
    :
    funpig likes this.
  2. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

I dont think it can be easily pocketable with a normal sized jeans, even the Galaxy Note pushes it but still pocketable.
  3. JimmyTheSaint

Cool, thanks for physically verifying that. So many people just like to post negative comments based on nothing that it's refreshing to see someone reporting their personal experience instead of being a douche bag.
  4. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

I've got a 7.7 with the Samsung Book Cover Case. It fits easily into jacket/coat pockets (assuming they're not tiny pockets). Also, it does actually fit into my normal front jeans pocket. Admittedly, you wouldn't want to go on a long hike with it in there as it does restrict movement a little but it's a useful option in a pinch. I actually wish the 7.7 was 7" like the earlier iteration, it'd make it *slightly* more portable, but it's hardly a complaint really.

The true sign of it's portability is that I've taken it out with me far more than my iPad2. Main use has been ebook reading - which it is excellent at, as good as it gets thus far imo if you don't mind a backlit display, been a longtime ebook reader since the palm days - browsing and video. Dice player has played every hd mkv I've thrown at it so far, the only small issue being the limitations of fat32 (4gb max file size), an issue that possibly may be avoided by messing around with exfat (not tried it myself).
  5. JimmyTheSaint

yup. I've got a full size tablet, too. Ergonomically speaking, it's just always wrong for the situation.
  6. jimmbomb

jimmbomb Active Member

when I leave work for my 3 day weekends.... the sim card comes out of my GNote and into the 6800
    And the 6800 goes right into my pockets.. front only though..
    It's my off work phone, txt, mms, web.. etc..
    Hey... I got big screen in my living room, my bed room,
    may a well put one in my pocket too!! and it fits!!!
  7. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

Yep, had a mine a while now, and the form factor really is excellent.