1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Pogo dock finally available for CDMA NexusTips

1. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

I was waiting impatiently for this and the car dock to be announced but I'm not sure $90 can be justified.

Updated 3/2/12: The dock has been removed from the Samsung website.

Advertisement
    jbdan likes this.
  2. have24

have24 Active Member

Really Samsung...$90 for the charger?!? Seems kind of pricey to me. Might just have to do the touchstone mod route myself for only about $30.
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I wouldn't pay half that for a desktop charger. How handy does it really make it when there's bound to be a receptacle a few feet away? Now a dock for the car, I may have some interest there.
  4. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

Guess this means the car dock will be about $120. Amazing how its been over 2 months and still no good options for pogo docks for Verizon. I was hoping Seidio would come through but that doesn't seem likely.
  5. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Not at that price. They are crazy. But I guess I'll have to drill holes in the side of my Otterbox case to use anything with pogo pins.
  6. to serve man

to serve man Well-Known Member

$90... for that!?
    And I thought RIM was crazy charging people $30 for their even fancier charging dock. No thank you. Has this just been released? Do you guys expect more accessories soon like a pouch that puts the phone to sleep like Blackberries by utilizing magnets close to the pins? I would really love that.

I mean if it costs $90 the least they can offer is data or audio connectivity as well, right?
  7. sneakking

sneakking Well-Known Member

samsung.....this dock....this price....

[​IMG]
    Mooem, Gunner, Lucky Armpit and 5 others like this.
  8. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this just has a micro-USB port on it somewhere that we plug our existing charge cable into.

That said, you could probably fashion this into a car dock solution without too much trouble. But $90 is still ridiculous.

At least we can hope that some other accessory company will reverse engineer this into a more reasonable product.
  9. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

LOL thanks for the laugh. That's insane! I paid $19 for a Droid charger back in the day AND it charged a spare battery.
  10. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

The pogo pins are an expensive component to include. Further, there are, allegedly, some audio decoding and decompressing gizmos on the inside as well as an amp.

Basically, the arguments I've seen for the price are: "But... but.. we jammed it full of expensive whoozits and whizzbangs!" Yet, at the end of the day all it does is charge my phone and give me an audio out.

Not justifying the price, just telling you what I've seen other people say to try and defend it today.
  11. Mooem

Mooem Well-Known Member

okay, I wanted this thing but at $90...no thanks.
  12. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

Half the price and I still wouldnt buy it. The 3 pin connection is a cool route to go but not for 90 bucks.
  13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Will the GN go into some sort of clock/weather/calender mode when docked like MOTO phones do on their docks?
  14. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Won't be buying this, but if this is coming then we might start seeing some 3rd party pogo docks as well for much less.

Now, sadly, if they had a pogo pin cardock ready for $90, I would probably go ahead and pay that much just to be done with being in limbo.
  15. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

If they do that and include the ability to use the dock with a case, I would get one too. The Razr car dock is by FAR the best car dock ive seen simply for that ability.

Almost makes me regret getting rid of the Razr...ALMOST.
  16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Ouch, $90 is too much for that. I assume Verizon will carry it as well, hopefully they adjust the price to a more reasonable level
  17. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Wow. I wanted this BAD but at $90 I think I'll just use Capta.
  18. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

Wait...they as in Verizon? Have you been smoking anything illegal lately? :p

-Nkk
  19. eturk

eturk New Member

Turns out the GNex has garbage audio too. So much for an expensive car/desk dock with audio when it's terrible. Compare to an iPod and it's aweful. High and lows are gone. Might as well be an AM radio.

Flagship product, poor camera, terrible audio. What is it so great? Oh, it doesn't have buttons. Guess we were all suckers to pay a high price so we could have ICS.
  20. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

My audio is excellent; better than my old iPhones. Absolutely, positively not "AM radio" quality. Might want to get your phone looked at.
    jmar likes this.
  21. sneakking

sneakking Well-Known Member

Congrats on a great first post!
    jbdan likes this.
  22. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

23. sperho

sperho Well-Known Member

$90?

BAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA
    HHHHAAAAAAAAA
    HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA
    HHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!

No thanks Samsung - your plastic isn't worth that much.
  24. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Haha. Touche.
  25. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

And two months later what non nexus device has ics? What device has a better screen?