Point me in the right direction please

Last Updated:

1. Berad346

Berad346 New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 8, 2010
    So I recently was given an iPad for my birthday, the downside is that I can't use the Internet connection without being in range of an open wifi network. This is where my moto droid comes in...I am currently just a dumb dumb regular user of an unrooted phone but I want to tether my iPad to my droid. So I have so far found out that I can make my droid into a wifi hot spot by watching YouTube videos but the more I read and watch the more I get confused about what it is I should do. I could care less about anything other than being able to transmit a wifi signal from my droid. That is the ONLY thing I want to do so I can use my iPad at work with my droid in my pocket. Please help this noob out and give me Some step by step instructions that a layman could understand.

2. GuillotineDream

GuillotineDream Active Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Well this is a good place to start. There are a few methods to root the Droid. It seems like the 1-click methods work well, however i have no experience rooting in that way.

Basically all you need to do though is follow one of the tutorials on how to root the Droid, then go into the market and download Wireless Tether for Root Users.

Be sure to read the tutorials carefully before you start the process. Be sure to have a thorough understanding of what is involved and dont be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure of anything.