Points thrown up by 'Spare Parts'

Last Updated:

1. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Firstly, 'Dialer' has logged a large amount of network use. I'm assuming this is because phone calls are included under dialer rather than as a separate item?

Also, handcent SMS has used over 10 hours of partial wake in probably...24 hours? Is that normal for said application? I'm assuming it logs as that because it's constantly checking for new messages, but then surely the dialer or some other process should be using a similar amount to check for incoming calls, which it isn't. Something seems fishy about such a high partial wake usage.

Advertisement
  2. beyond

beyond Well-Known Member

On the phone atm so can't link you but I've discovered a problem with handcent too. I made a thread about it but no one has replied :/

Check out my profile for threads created. It's to do with the notification pop up being left idle.

3. Phenomenological

I've got the notification popup turned off and always have!

I wonder...could it be to do with having the LED set to flash as a notification? Maybe it keeps the phone awake to keep the LED flashing.

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Yup, Handcent will only stay awake if you've set the LED to flash continuously until read.

Otherwise it sleeps very well.

5. X-QlusioN

X-QlusioN Member

The latest version has a bug (or atleast on mine) where the LED will stay flashing even though I have not set it to remind me

6. Phenomenological

That makes sense but is a right pain in the backside, I count on the LED notification. I don't suppose there's a way to set a time limit on how long it flashes for?

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I just use the replay notification, and have it set for 5 minutes.

8. Phenomenological

Wouldn't that keep the phone awake anyway? And that still wouldn't be as good as the LED, with that I can see at a glance if I have a message at any point.