Pokemon on Android?

Last Updated: 2012-09-21 20:26:38
  1. frazmand

frazmand Active Member

I've yet to get an Android device but should be purchasing the Desire shortly.

My question is are there any Pokemon emulators available for Android handsets, if so, are they half decent?

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Get GBAoid. It'll play all the game boy advance pokemon games. I've tried them, and it works.
  3. frazmand

frazmand Active Member

Which versions does it have?
  4. Forge94

Forge94 Well-Known Member

Gameboid. You can play any gba pokemon game perfectly with it.
    There are various sites where you can find ROMS, however I wont post a link just in case people use them illegally.
    Only download roms of games that you actually own.
    Theres a free version of gameboid on the market but has some limits.
  5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

^^this
  6. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

there's also GBCoid for R/B/Y
  7. Jetro

Jetro Member

So, you can just download from any rom on the net and play it on "GBCoid"?
  8. Salvo

Salvo New Member

This is awesome, i got GBCoid.... i hope it works
  9. imaasher96

imaasher96 New Member

Gameboid says that i must specify the BIOS file in the settings before i can play any games? what does that mean?:confused:
  10. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

you need to have a bios file installed on your phone. user google to find the correct file to download and once you launch gameboid you will have to sellect the file (just put it in the same location you have been putting your ROM's). You will only need to sellect this once on bootup then your golden.
  11. amberlewis

amberlewis New Member

You should get the GBcoid for pokemon ecumulater.Because you can play all kinds of games like pokemon.
  12. obsidianwings

obsidianwings Well-Known Member

I use gameboid as well, I originally had a gameboy colour emulator for nostalgia purposes, but now I stick with gameboid as gameboy advance is so much better really.
    I am working my way through pokemon emerald right now, and its pretty similar to the pokemon red I had as a kid but better colour and graphics.
    For gameboid you will need to get the bios as well but its quite easy to find.
  13. obsidianwings

Link for gameboid in case anyone can't find it:
    GameBoid | SlideME

Should be able to get the devs other apps on there to I think.
  14. obsidianwings

No worries, you will still need to get the BIOS as I don't think i'm allowed to post the link, easy enough to find on google though.
  15. Tassi

Tassi New Member

Da dove mi scarico le rom !? Io hO GIA GIOCHI DEI POKEMON MA IN FORMATO GBA.
  16. ronandroid

ronandroid Member

17. LexiconStudios

LexiconStudios Well-Known Member

It amazes me that with so much desire for pokemon on smart phones that nintendo won't license it. :(
  18. ronandroid

ronandroid Member

@LexionStudio : Keep in mind that nintendo doesn't "want" to make money on GAME but on HARDWARE and you will understand why...
    They don't want to "lose time" and money in android development to only satisfy few (or maybe some...) users and don't get money for it.

That why i'm creating my game... For your information, i will be able to easilly "mod" my game to run a REAL pokemon world if the game is concluant
  19. syi

syi Well-Known Member

I is actually illegal to download any copyrighted material with out approved written consent of the owner/creator. Regardless of whether or not you own a real copy. If you own it there are many cheap and easy ways to create backups. Which are legal and you are entitled to make if you so choose.
  20. syi

syi Well-Known Member