Polaris Office on S3 available on Samsung More?General

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

When I was researching the S3 I was looking out for Office apps, because I need to keep my work shift rota on my phone and on my previous HTC Desire I had Quickoffice. I had a look at the S2 and Note and both had Polaris Office loaded (the viewer only, I assume). But when the S3 came out I noticed that Polaris was not installed - at least it wasn't in the app drawer.

So the other day I downloaded Documents To Go's viewer, which seems to be a very popular app. It's fine, although I don't like the ads (which I assume would go if I paid for the full version).

Just now I tried to open a file and was surprised to be given the option to open it with Documents To Go or Polaris 4.0! On first sight Polaris' viewer is much nicer on the eye. A full version is available, but not via Google Play. Instead a splash screen tells me I can download it from the "Samsung More Service"... I don't have this on my phone and I've googled it and found nothing. Can anyone please shed light on what this "Samsung More Service" is, where I can find it and how much Polaris costs?

Thanks for any tips! :)

Advertisement
  2. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

under apps do you have the icon for more services?
  3. RobertHx

RobertHx New Member

You have to open Samsung Kies on PC.
    On the left side, you have Store and Podcast Channel and Samsung Apps in it.

Select Samsung Apps.
    Sign in.
    Select your phone.
    Select Category. Here you can find 'More Services', but you can not find Polaris Office (yet). I think Polaris is still working on it.

If you know better, write here...
  4. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

Aha! Thanks for the tips. I hadn't noticed that app and I haven't got round to loading Kies on my laptop yet (having been an HTC man before). I'll see what I can figure out. :)
  5. snilloconator

snilloconator Well-Known Member

I do not have an option for samsung Apps. in my Kies...
  6. snilloconator

BTW what is the best document app? Well what do others prefer?
  7. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

Polaris office is there as I've just downloaded it. Just my opinion but I think either polaris office or Kingsoft office are the best free office apps I've used
  8. philhguk

philhguk Member

Thanks to the OP for pointing this out I was missing Polaris Office when I got my S3 as it was already on my Galaxy Tab 2 when I got it.
  9. snilloconator

What carrier do you have? I'm Verizon.

Because I do not see this... :(