Polaris Office?General

1. smiley47

smiley47 Member

I thought I saw Polaris Office as installed software on the Sony S. Can't seem to find it or not even on Google Play.

Any tips? Any better apps?

Advertisement
  2. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Is that like documents to go or quickoffice?
  3. smiley47

smiley47 Member

Yes, Polaris Office opens Word docs, Excel spread sheets, Power Point etc. I'll check out QuickOffice.
  4. smiley47

smiley47 Member

I downloaded Kingsoft Office (free) from the Play Store. It works fine to open all those Microsoft Office products. That's all I really need.
  5. galactique

galactique New Member

I have a pretty new Samsung Galaxy S3, on Verizon. The Polaris Viewer came pre-installed, but as near as I can tell, it doesn't show up anywhere as an app. But if you use the file manager to open a file with an extension like .doc or .pdf, it will open in Polaris. It seems very good for viewing documents, but so far, using that way of opening it, I can't get it to work for editing (I can't even get a keyboard to appear).
  6. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

Polaris Office suite is not available on AM, but can be downloaded directly from their own website

Polaris
  7. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member

I used Samsung Apps on my SGSIII to install Polaris Office (4.0.3209.05). I don't usually create or edit documents on my phone, but I do view them quite a bit. I found Polaris to be a bit better than Documents To Go Pro, Office Suite Pro, or QuickOffice Pro.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if I'm running the latest version. I think they're up to 4.0.8, but I'm not sure if that's for Android or iOS. I'll see what I can discover.