Polaroid Pogo

Last Updated:

1. ejl2010

ejl2010 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody know if the Droid works with the Polaroid Pogo? I saw this device at radioshack and thought it might be fun to have around if I can get it cheaply.

Any help would be appreciated !

Advertisement
  2. reasonableperson

reasonableperson Member

3. ejl2010

ejl2010 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow!! and I thought $50 on ebay was cheap! This might make for an interesting gift for me and maybe others if it works decently!

4. reasonableperson

reasonableperson Member

At $30 you're getting close to stocking stuffer territory! And, you'll look like a hero, imagine a $150 stocking stuffer! I think anyone with a 2MP camera phone could have some fun with this.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

First or all the Polariod POGO is awesome! I got one for FREE when I purchased my Canon camcorder on Amazon. Worked great with my Storm and my wifes Env but I have not been able to get it to work with the Droid or Motorola Rival....

6. Moondove

Moondove New Member

Same Here for now the Pogo dose not work with the Droid.

7. gthrift

gthrift Guest

I just printed from my Droid to my PoGo I just ordered off Amazon two days ago. To print you need to pair it in Bluetooth settings and use the 6000 code. It will say "paired but not connected." Now to go your gallery, select a picture, hit the share button and select Bluetooth. You should now see the green status light on the printer blinking and you should see an uploading icon on the Notification bar. Once the picture has uploaded, the picture will print.

peppers and karisphotos like this.
  8. kmfdmk

kmfdmk Well-Known Member

Wow I may actually have to get one of these, that's awesome!!

9. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

This is correct. Just printed on mine as well. The key being the passcode is 6000 and not 0000 like most other devices I have used. Thank you for the guidance good sir. Rep added ;)

10. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

11. lindasmile

lindasmile New Member

I am so close, yet so far away... and frustrated.

I have the MyTouch 3G with this Pogo Printer. I added the Bluetooth app. I followed all of your steps, sending it to my Bluetooth device and picking the printer. It looks like it's completed (success!), yet then nothing prints (failure, yet again!). The red triangular warning light on the printer blinks red twice, then goes back to green.

I don't know what else to try.

BTW, the printer works fine with my digital camera, so I know it's not a problem with the printer. I just can't get it to work with my phone.

Thanks in advance,

Linda

12. SlotCAR

SlotCAR New Member

Works for me just as described here ...
    Not the best of quality though but it has been a crowd pleaser.

Bought mine from Walmart on closeout.

13. lindasmile

lindasmile New Member

I turned on the notifications and I see that it says that I "don't have root permissions". So tomorrow, when I've got some free time, I'll track down that error message and see what else I still need to do.

The saga continues...

Linda

14. craiglester

craiglester Active Member

worked like a charm with my droid.. just need to over saturate the pics a little as they can come out a little pale otherwise. mobile photoshop is ideal for this

15. sashag5115

sashag5115 New Member

how did you get it to work? mine says connection failure????

16. mleber

mleber New Member

Got the Pogo for $19.99 on black Friday! Getting it to work with my Droid would be a bonus--but I agree with everything you did above, go to my gallery, select a picture, hit the share button, select bluetooth, however the blinking light on my printer goes immediately to red and on my Droid it says "Polaroid 25 71 c7 This transfer is forbidden by the target device"

Any thoughts? Thanks!

On another note--I just plugged my Droid directly into it and followed the same steps but there's no option to print a picture while it's wired. Any thoughts on how to make that happen? I have the same looking options as I have when trying to print via bluetooth.

17. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Got mine from Best Buy on Black Friday too for 19.99 including free shipping. (I shopped online instead of standing in line!) It took several tries but it finally worked for me. It kept saying paired but not connected. I don't remember what I did though to stop getting that same crazy "forbidden" message that you are getting. I think I pressed the on button on the printer until I had 2 solid lights instead of 1? It was saying it was paired but it wasn't really taking the code until then. I know I kept fiddling with it and it finally printed. Once it printed the first picture my Droid 1 saw the printer every time. Don't give up. It does work! Not the best quality pictures but a nice little novelty printer and fun sticker pictures to play with.

18. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

wow, 19.99 including free shipping., I love it.[​IMG]

19. EmptyBusler

EmptyBusler New Member

20. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Thanks! I got it to print from my droid without the app but I will try the app anyway. It looks like a much cleaner way to get it to print.

21. jeffberk

jeffberk Member

I'm resurrecting this thread because you can now find the Pogo at RadioShack stores for $10 if you are lucky enough to find a store that still has these available. It works fine with my Droid 3.