• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help polaroid tablet PMID705

jeretired

Lurker
Jun 18, 2013
Hi, I've had my PMID705 for 6 months now and to tell the truth, the only thing I find it to be any good for at all is the "Kindle" AP. I did pick up a 32GB SDHC card and loaded it with music and E-books but they're so slow to bring up on screen, it's almost worthless.

I was able to get a couple of AP stores (don't ask me how), such as: GetJar, TMobile Market, and Amazon Appstore (but I can't get into this one at all, it just shows up on my screen with instructions I'm not able to make my tablet follow).

I guess what I need is a "For Dummies" intro to tablets in general, that way, when it's time to give this to one of my grandkids (as if they'd want this thing), I'll be ready to move on to a Kindle Fire or even better. Is there someplace anyone can recommend for basics like; getting and working with Google, etc.? Thanks guys, just venting, I guess.....:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones