• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Political Intelligence" in Congress

breadnatty08

pain rustique
Nov 8, 2009
And this is why everyone hates Congress :mad:
'Political Intelligence' Congress' Topic Of The Week : NPR
You can find plenty other articles out there. Also, The Daily Show spent most of it's episode last night discussing it.
What it boils down to is congressmen/women/staffers are selling tips on political moves that could affect stocks to Wall St. Essentially, insider trading - ILLEGAL.
And congress doesn't want to pass a law banning it, or at least tracking it because it's too "confusing". LMAO.
These are the folks who write our laws? :thinking:

The problem isn't the concept, it is the stupid way that the law is written, completely ignoring unintended consequences.

I read it was written so that if a staffer was aware of a bill that was grossly irresponsible, unconstitutional, or just against his strongly held beliefs, if he tipped off an advocacy group to the contents, (i.e. whistleblower) he would be guilty of a felony unless he was registered as a lobbyist. Stupid.

The problem with political intelligence isn't that it is being used illegally, its that there isn't enough to begin with.

Upvote 0
I would say it's a conflict of interest from what our representatives SHOULD be doing vs what they actually do. But then again it seems that our representatives do NOTHING but things that are at odds with the will of the people and align mostly with the people bank rolling them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones