poll about issues with 2.1 V3General

Last Updated:

1. polizi212

polizi212 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking to get some feed back about the number of problems each of the users of the 2.1 v3 is having. I would like you to compare the issues your having now versus running 1.5. So 1.5 is the basis of the comparison so any improvements are not the issue just problems. So if your phone works better in 2.1 that's fine don't list it but if it works worse than original that's what I am trying to see.

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

most people barely remember 1.5. i was only on 1.5 for a few hours before i leaked. then after my refurb cam i was rooting literally as i was walking out of the verizon store

3. polizi212

ok well thats a start how many issues are you seeing overall for your phone? Like serious lags, Force closes, bad batter life, poor reception, Those types of things that those who are looking to run the leak need to see. I want to see where the majority of the issues are over a wide range of users!

4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

theres a whole thread about 2.1 bugs and fixes. its a sticky...

5. polizi212

Thanks but I am not looking for the fixes! I want to compile all the issues from as many users as possible and then try to assemble that data to see what are the big issues with the leaks! But Thanks for the suggestion.

6. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

Issue 1 Time and date on calendar. If I have an event from PC calendar synced to phone (work shift 7a monday through 7a Tuesday on PC) it will show up as all day event on both days, and will not allow me to edit the date. and the time will be 4 hours off if I try and edit it. If I set the wheels to 0700 the time entered on the calendar will be 0300.

Issue 2 Battery life is a little worse...Mostly I had an issue witht he camera..if i use it at all it will show up as 92% in the battery usage area. If I restart the phone it seems to be ok unless I use the camera again. It does not show up in the running tasks under the applications menu. So I dont know.

The 50% without service bug i have..but airplane mode fixes that.

dialer seems a little laggy...but it gets all the inputs..only an issue if I get impatient...if i click the name to call it and just put it up to my ear..i can hear it ringing before the screen even shows it started calling...so physically the dialer isnt lagging just the UI for it is....

However, even with all of that..the positives of 2.1 greatly outweigh the negatives of 1.5. This is the first leak i flashed so i went from 1.5 to 2.1v3. I love the power bar widget, I am using helix with 7 screens and 14 widgets running. I like widgets over programs lol.

7. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Dialer lag and 50% signal are the only things i dislike about 2.1, other than that its great. I get better battery life now that i got v3 of the leak. 1.5 Was great to but like tgulch22 said, 2.1 outweighs 1.5 by a long shot.

Some people also get the no sound bug, but i havent had that with any of the leaks. But who knows it could happen to you.

8. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member

I'm not having nearly as much dial lag as i was in v.2 but the actual process has always been terribly slow for me since v.1

But my biggest problem now is that my alarms are not going off. They're set correctly and the volume is up but it's acting like they're just not even on. It's annoying and made me late to work today.

Haptic still turns itself on/off randomly

9. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

when i first installed my battery life was horrible. then a day or two in, it seemed to clear up on its own :confused: its still not what it was on v2.

same silent phone problem as before.

my signal seems to be way less too.

this is with leak v3.

10. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

To be honest I had major problems with lag and home buttons and just trying to use the phone. I didn't put my phone on charge that night and it went dead, dead. I charged it in the morning and it cleared up. I would think all the resets I prformed would have worked the same, but it must just have needed to die on it's own.

11. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

Ok found and fixed my problem with this one. The 2.1 camera allows for GPS to location stamp your pictures. Well I had this turned on, so as soon as I started the camera obviously the GPS started up and must have stayed active (yes I already have it set to always be on anyways) but it must have held my camera app open and running in the background. Or something...all I know is I disabled the location stamp and the 92% went away....