POLL: Eastern Time Zone -- Have you received the DI18 update OTA yet?

If you live in the Eastern time zone, have you received the DI18 update OTA?

1. Yes

41.4%
  2. No

58.6%
  1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

If you live in the Eastern time zone, please participate in this poll and indicate whether you have received the D118 update yet OTA (over the air).

If you downloaded and installed the update yourself, please do not participate in this poll. This poll is designed to determine the penetration in the Eastern part of the United States.

If you indicate NO and leter get the update, please come back and change your response (hopefully vBullitain supports that).

Advertisement
  2. Johnny Cakes

Apparently, vBulletin does not allow changing votes.

I am in Washington, D.C. today and just received the update at 8:30 A.M. I was downloading an app from the market and at first I thought the dialog box had something to do with that, but then was pleased to find that the update had arrived. Some other poster mentioned that he was using the phone when he got the update. Wonder how Sprint determines when to push the update to a particular phone.
  3. jerbeck24

jerbeck24 Well-Known Member

I live in Michigan and got it Saturday morning (Oct. 2nd).

*I also was using my phone when it came. Also was the case when I received the update before DI18.
  4. LMychajluk

LMychajluk Member

Though I voted, I'd like to point out that this poll isn't very useful. It would be fine if it 'expired' at, say, midnight Monday, or asked "Have you recieved the update as of 10pm EDT Sunday?", but what's everyone to do on Friday, when they've already answered 'No' on Monday, but got the update on 'Tue'? You either vote 'No', or wait until you get the update and vote 'Yes'. It's not like you can change your answer, right?
  5. Johnny Cakes

I absolutely agree -- I had hoped that votes could be changed, so people could come back and update their responses. Now I wish I'd just started a thread: "If you live in the Eastern time zone and you've RECEIVED the update OTA, where are you and when did you get it?"
  6. JUSTQUAN2

JUSTQUAN2 Well-Known Member

i didnt receive mine ota so i just did it manually. so what is this update suppose to fix besides the 3g cap?
  7. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

just got mine a few minutes ago from mid-atlantic state.
  8. g0blue

g0blue New Member

I heard that it has nothing to do with geographical location, more by serial number. The update comes directly from Google's servers, which is why it was delayed, Sprint had issues uploading it.
  9. EpicFan

EpicFan Active Member

I live in Miami and I received it at 11:00 pm the first night it was released :)
  10. I got mine today in Chicago area
  11. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

any difference in doing the manual update which I did & the auto one ?