• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[POLL] How difficult do you like games? [POLL]

How difficult do you like games?

• Hard

• Moderate

• Easy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kenna09

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
I am not sure what the "average" gamer likes in terms of difficulty. Would a game that is really hard from the start, like say flappy bird, make a lot of people stop playing the game after a few tries or make them try harder? Make it easy so people feel accomplished as they play? I guess I am currently leaning towards the middle-man, moderate.

Last edited:
I'd say Flappy Bird is easy (it's so simple even a kid can play it). It's just hard to make a decent score.

I like moderate/easy games, because I play it on my Android smartphone with quite small screen and only when I'm extremely bored. Also, I don't like touch screens for gaming purposes - playing arcade games is very uncomfortable to me (e.g. Tetris - old, classic, but still great game on every device with keys, pain in the a... on touch screen).

And that's why I play games mostly on PC. And when it comes to PC games, I like games which are "easy to play, hard to master".

Reactions: Kenna09
Upvote 0
I'd say Flappy Bird is easy (it's so simple even a kid can play it). It's just hard to make a decent score.

I like moderate/easy games, because I play it on my Android smartphone with quite small screen and only when I'm extremely bored. Also, I don't like touch screens for gaming purposes - playing arcade games is very uncomfortable to me (e.g. Tetris - old, classic, but still great game on every device with keys, pain in the a... on touch screen).

And that's why I play games mostly on PC. And when it comes to PC games, I like games which are "easy to play, hard to master".
I see what you are getting at and I agree with you. Even though i didn't really think of it that way before but ya, how easy the controls and mechanics of the game isn't exactly the same thing as the difficulty level of the game.

So that is definitely a factor that I didn't consider before but luckily for me, the game i am making has easy controls and mechanics which is great. I don't have to worry about that factor. And so far people i've been getting the moderate level of difficulty from people more than any other difficulty, actually no one says easy lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones