Poll: How many hours of battery life from 100% charge to dead?General

Last Updated:

1. drk36

drk36 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for another battery thread, but I was interested to see how much time everyone was getting from a 100% charge to the phone dying. I've been monitoring battery with the ap BatteryLeft. At 100%, it is saying my battery gets 17.5 hours which seems pretty bad.

What about everyone else? I've seen threads in terms of %, but hours would really be more helpful.

Advertisement
  2. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

JuicePlotter tells me I got 20 hours from a full charge. With my phone usage, it tends to last about 15.

3. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member

hours is basically a useless metric, it all depends on how you are using it and how strong your service

this is (probably) why you are seeing so many conflicting reports of battery strength

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

17.5 hours seems bad? What planet are you from? Can you go back and get one of their batteries so we can have earthlings disect it and replicate the technology?

5. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

I get like 6-8hrs now. My battery has been charged from 0-100% about 5 times. GPS and Mobile are on constantly, and I toggle WiFi when at home. I do a lot of texting, the Google talk thing, calls here and there, and surfing web.

I want to keep all my stuff on constantly and don't mind charging every night. Once the extended battery comes out, I'll be happy.

6. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member

x 10. That question is so subjective it's kind of funny.

7. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I get about 6-8 hours with light -medium use.

I get about 4-5 hours with medium - heavy use.

I get about 10 hours with no use (well maybe a few texts)

Signal strength does not seem to matter to me because i bounce in and out of 1x while at work because of the type of building I am in and i get the same battery life as i do when i am at home with 3 - 4 bars.

Whenever I used my droid heavily the display usage was always at the top of the list with the incredible the Android system is always at the top of the list even if I use the thing straight for the 4 hours the battery lasts.

All my battery use is from the Android System so this is telling me that there is an issue with the built in apps or incompatibility issue with one of the apps I have installed even though I have the exact same apps on my DI as I did on my Droid.

I know I had a similar issue on the droid with one of the alarm clock programs I downloaded but the DEV fixed the issue with the app.

I do have GPS on all the time just as i did with the droid

8. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

Same here. Android System is ilke 30%, Cell Standby is like 27%, Phone Idle is 21%.

9. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

This is not complete true.

I work from 8-5 every day and sit in the exact same chair with te same signal level most of the time. Most days my phone does not get touched but from time to time i may send around 10 texts a day.

at the end of my work day my droid had 80% battery life left and my DI has about 30.

I have the same settings and the same apps installed.

The only thing different is the droid did not have the HTC sense widgets and apps. If this is what is causing the battery difference i am willing to live with it because i love the HTC interface.

10. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

A little detail makes these numbers more meaningful, so:

Removed from charger at yesterday 3pm, total of blue tooth phone calls ~1hr., ~10 texts, checked some emails, played around with a number of apps, fiddled w/ settings, and just typical use.

Killed the mobile data connection when I got to work at 7am this morning, and it finally gave me the orange battery at about 9:30am.

So that's over 18 hours of usage before it even turned orange.

11. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

I am getting almost twice the time as I did on my 3Gs

12. GlockGuy80

GlockGuy80 Well-Known Member

6-8 with heavy use.
    8-10 with moderate use.
    10-16 with light use

Longest i manged to get was around 18 hours with light use in morning and little to no use in the evening.

13. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I am tempted to do a factory wipe and then install my apps one by one to see what i get. I know that there has to be an issue, wether it is in the built in apps or with an app that I have installed. No phone should average 8-10 hours with minimal use even with all the data and gps turned on.

14. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

mine has been running for more than 8 hours since I last had it plugged in, but it was getting little to no use then.
    When ever I know I'm not going to use it for awhile I turn off wifi and other useless features like GPS. I'm at home, I know where I am.

15. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

i cracked 47 hours last night for the first time!! i do full discharge before i have been recharging and then charge to full with it off (started 4/29 day i got it). i would say i am light to moderate use. 20 texts or so a day, few phone calls for 5 minutes or so, mobile internet on all day (nix it before bed). wifi always off; havent used it much yet 3G is all over the place here. default weather widget running with synch. i have gmail autosync OFF; not sure if that makes difference. web browsing and gaming for at least an an hour or two a day also; generally fiddling with it often as i am learning...:cool:

16. BreakTheStatic

BreakTheStatic Active Member

I was getting an average of 15-18 hours with moderate usage for the past week (but GPS, Wifi & BT turned off unless needed intermittently). It's not that amazing, but it gets me through the day. Then today happened... I charged the phone up last night around 1:45am and unplugged it from the charger. When I woke up for work around 8am it was totally dead, shut off. I thought that it might have just crashed overnight and needed a reboot. But when I fired it up, the battery was drained and would only stay on for 30 seconds. I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. 6hrs & 15 minutes with LITERALLY no usage; I was passed out and didn't touch the phone once. Checked and I had average -55db signal with no apps running in background. Hopefully this was just a weird fluke and not the norm. Will update my findings tonight/tomorrow.

17. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Wow!! Something is wrong with your phone for suree.

I live in a deadspot where I have to fight for a signal and I get

15 hours heavy use,

22 hours medium use

27 hours light use

18. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

Thanks for the push! I have been thinking about restoring the phone to facotry and then start installing hteapps one by one by I think i needed a little push.

I am doing it right now. I will let you guys know what i find.

19. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

if i use it non stop, like streaming music or web browsing (or both at the same time) it'll last me maybe 4-6 hours.

if i use it moderately i can get about 6-12 or so.

if i use it very lightly, like mostly sitting in my pocket, maybe a few texts, playing some music or some quick calls i could easily get 16+. i could make it through a full 24 hours if i wanted to.

20. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I am just curios to how many of the people that ar having battery issues have it synced up with an exchange account?

I have it synced with 1 exchange account, my hotmail POP 3 account and my gmail account.

I also have it sysnced with facebook

for widgets i have:

calander widget
    Last FM
    HTC music widget
    friend stream
    htc favorites
    HTC clock with weather
    2 small stock HTC stock widgets
    engagdet
    battery widget

Keep in mind this is the exact same setup i had on my droid minus the htc widgets

21. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

I started a similar thread a while back... http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/70266-battery-talk.html

Heavy use I get 5-7 (Charge usually at 14% or so)

Average use I get 10-12 hours

Light use... I don't know... 14+ because it was in the 30's or 40's when I went to bed and put it back on charger. after like 13-14 hours.

22. evilotto

evilotto Well-Known Member

I'm coming up on 28 hours with about 20% battery left right now. only light to moderate use and no use for about 6 hours while I slept last night.

23. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

This poll has no poll!

I'm averaging around 15 hours with Live Wallpapers, 3g always on, manual brightness at around 60%, and moderate use.

I am not using a task killer and am always in an area with signal.

24. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

On Tuesday night I placed my phone on a charge and removed it from the charger at 6:00 am Wednesday morning. I used the phone quite a bit for surfing and played a few games on it. I talked on it for about 20 minutes total. Played with the navigation sent and received about 30 text messages received about 100 emails and I did not charge the phone until I got to work this morning (Thursday) at 6:40am. At that point the phone was not completely dead but the battery indicator was orange so I charged it.

So a little over 24hrs.

25. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

8 hours, even with light usage...