Witch should I get?

1. Go with the Motorola Droid

78.8%
  2. Are you crazy go with the HTC ERIS

21.2%

Last Updated:

1. ComputerPro

ComputerPro Active Member This Topic's Starter

I can Get Motorola Droid OR HTC ERIS for the same price witch one should I get. I know Most of the Pros and cons and basically comes down to preference so Thats why I put up a poll up so Vote :D

Advertisement
  2. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

If you are American, get the Motorola, if you are European get the HTC.. I think that's the way it works...

3. mkeath

mkeath Well-Known Member

If it comes down to preference, why are you asking us? Go to the Verizon store and play with both phones and decide which one you want. Just so you know, I have two friends. One has a Droid and the other the Eris. They both love their phones. They're both great phones, so I don't think you'll lose either way.

4. ComputerPro

What If my hearitage is Euro and I was born raised and still live in america:eek:? Geuss then I need the Droid X :D

5. ComputerPro

I did that I like both and cant make up my mind lol.

Edit: I felt the Eris was much more compact in it kinda feels as if it just melts in your hands. Where the Droid moto was just much more flashier(looks sexy) and feels more durable/stronger idk confusing lol.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

After reading that post I think you should definitely go with the Palm Pixi Plus.

7. ComputerPro

want droid

8. Frisco

I was joking, amigo.

But as for the two choices you say you're faced with, I'd pick one by first handling them both for a long time each in the store, then deciding by thinking back to my favorite phones of the past and why.

I have the Eris because I remembered my Samsung Instinct and loving the on-screen keyboard, for example, having been used to little button keyboards such as on most flip phones and my previous Blackberries. Those types of keyboards were always making me mad and I was very glad to see touch screen boards come along.

9. coasterman927

coasterman927 Well-Known Member

Is that even a legit question?

Of course you should go with the Droid. Better hardware, faster Android updates because there isn't any Sense UI, QWERTY keyboard, bigger screen, etc. It's just a better phone, plain and simple.

10. ComputerPro

Im assuming you have the Droid and not the eris!

11. Frisco

lol.. he's right about the Droid's superior hardware (internally, externally it is junky compared to the Eris, in my opinion).

But rooting almost evens that internal difference. ;)

12. coasterman927

coasterman927 Well-Known Member

actually i have niether, i'm going off of my personal experiences with both phones and what friends who own them have said.

almost evens it. ;) rooting won't get you a better processor, and the droid's GPU is pretty nice, from what i've seen in benchmarks. you'll be able to play games like raging thunder 2 without a hitch. i mean, make no mistake, the eris is by all means a damn sexy phone. but the smaller screen, sense UI, and the weaker hardware are a dealbreaker for me.

they're the same price, go for the droid and enjoy your android updates before anyone else! (except N1 owners, lmao)

13. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Due to hardware specs, there is a point at which the Eris will no longer be able to run the advanced OS and apps. The Sense UI may be nice but it will force you to wait longer for updates as HTC will need to spend time updating the interface versus the "plain vanilla" Droid OS. Both have software keyboards, but the Droid offers a hardware keyboard that may come in useful for some apps. In the end, you should get the phone you like the most, but if you want the better deal, that's the Moto Droid.

coasterman927 likes this.
  14. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

The Eris is a solid phone.
    I got to play with one and really liked it.
    That being said.. no Froyo :(

15. Frisco

Well, that is all moot, or will be by Spring of next year at the latest. ;)

To me this thread is not about which device is better; that's been beat to death ad infinitum all over the place.

It's about compatibility with the user, and this prospective user just needs to look at differences with his own eyes and hands and then make a purchase.

16. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

A day without Froyo is a day without sunshine. Moto DROID!!! :cool:

17. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I own an Htc Hero, in essence the same phone as the Eris. I like sense, I like Htc. At this point, I think with android, you need the biggest newest processor you can afford. Go with the droid. You won't be unhappy. Either phone is great, but the droid will do better with updates, and the Eris likely will never see Froyo. The droid will. Good luck with your choice!;)

18. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I think you are better off waiting for that Droid X or Droid 2 which will be out relatively soon.

19. AirPirate

AirPirate Active Member

If you pack your phone in your Levi's front pocket, you might prefer the Eris. I chose mine because of that and the feel of the phone itself. I have really enjoyed the Eris, but I agree with Hitman and others and say... don't buy either. Wait for the next generation. You won't have to wait long.

20. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I was just wondering... why would you be wanting a Motorola Droid or HTC Eris? The Incredible or Droid X easily replaces the Eris and the Droid 2 will easily replace the Droid. By August, original Droid and Eris will be considered obsolete like how iPhone 4 will make iPhone 3GS obsolete.

21. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

I agree with the wait comments since the newer Droid X and Droid 2 should be out pretty soon.

As far as the Droid Eris vs Droid question though IMO its not really a question. I like the option of the physical keyboard (dont use it much but its there if i want it) and I really like the much better hardware in the droid compared to the eris. To the person that posted rooting the eris makes it run as quick as the droid, compare both devices rooted and you'll find its not really a comparison at all.

one last word: Froyo...

droid pwns eris.

22. LisaS

LisaS New Member

What is Froyo?

23. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of the keyboard on the droid, but I voted for the Moto Droid. It seems a bit snappier and a little less laggy than my Eris, even though I personally would not trade my Sense Eris for a stock Moto Droid.