Poll/Opinions of which VZW Android Phone I should get...

Which VZW Android phone do you recommend

1. HTC Incredible

47.4%
  2. Motorola Droid 2

52.6%

Last Updated:

1. gmjlopez

gmjlopez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Soon enough I will be switching from Sprint to Verizon. From Samsung Moment to ??? I work at Bestbuy and VZW finally got good phones on their concession line. I get to choose between the HTC Incredible and the Motorola Droid 2. I think both are great phone manufactures.

My Pro's about the Incredible:
    Not bulky
    LED indicator
    1ghz processor
    Cons:
    No keyboard

Droid 2 Pros:
    Better looking then the Droid
    Qwerty keyboard
    possibly overclock-able to 1ghz
    Cons:
    Flat keyboard
    800mhz processor
    No LED indicator

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

The Droid 2's keyboard was improved (from the droid1). It isn't flat anymore but rather the keys have been raised and widened while still being the world's thinnest slide-out qwerty keyboard on a smart phone. Also, they removed the d-pad, giving room to make them off-set like a realistic keyboard with arrow keys.

The Droid 2's processor is 1ghz with a better GPU than the incredible.

The Droid 2 does have a LED indicator.

I don't know where you got your info from, but, they are very very (possibly embarrassingly) WRONG.

gmjlopez likes this.
  3. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Between those two, I would go with the Droid2 if you want the keyboard. If you dont want a keyboard and arent considering the Droid X, then the incredible is an option but phone vs phone, its all Droid 2..

4. Dregun

Dregun Member

I concur..

I recently got the wife the Droid 2 (over the Droid x) and it DOES! The only real advantage the Inc has is the 8mp camera Sense UI; other then that its Droid2 all the way (I wish my wife would swap Droids with me :( )

gmjlopez likes this.
  5. gmjlopez

I looked it up and your right. My friend told me about the specs so I took his word for it cause he has the first Droid and is going to get the Droid 2. I was playing around with my sisters Droid 2 and she has never seen the LED indicator light come on. I looked through the settings to turn it on but couldn't find it. Thanks for the input. It looks like I will be getting the Droid 2!

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

depends on what you want out of a phone. if you anticipate being a root/rom kinda guy than the incredible is the way to go. there are dozens of roms and custom kernels out there for the incredible.

if you just go for the out of box experience than the droid 2 is a bit better.

personally, i would never buy another motorola phone because i don't want to support their business practices in relation to android.

7. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Droid X

8. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Between the two phones listed I'd recommend the Droid 2 simply because of the on-going issues with DINC batteries. Personally I prefer the form factor of the Droid Incredible but such short run time without recharging or a larger battery seems silly to me.

9. gmjlopez

I am going to root, but just so I can Wifi tether and remove crapware. I don't care about overclocking or doing theme's since all I use is Launcher Pro.

I can't get the Droid X because it isn't part of the package I'm getting. Plus it's an ugly phone. One of the ugliest smart phones I've ever seen.

10. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Ugly?/ OoooooooooooooooooK.

11. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Assuming you want the KB I'd get the Droid 2. If you don't then there's not much advantage it has over the Inc, although it will be heavier.

12. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

I like physical keyboards so i'd go Droid 2 with the specs... though I dislike Motorola's MotoBlur...

13. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

What you mean how they "locked" down their bootloader? I suggest you take a look at the controversy surrounding the G2 on Tmobile before you think HTC is any better. By the end of 2010, ALL major manufactures will be locking down their entire Android line-up unless Google steps in.

14. gmjlopez

Well Best Buy can no longer get the Droid 2 so it looks like I will be getting the Incredible someday....