[Poll] What release of CM7 works the best

What is the best release of the MTDEV CM7 ROM?

Poll closed Feb 2, 2013.
  1. 12-28

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. 10-15

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 9-21

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. 9-15

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

The point of this is to find what device files seem to be the best for our phone. I know chairshot worked his butt off, but I want to find what ends up with the best results for the overall picture.

Advertisement
  2. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Well-Known Member

What if it's none of the above?
  3. dsmryder

The ideas is about how the files come together. In a way that I have control over. I presume you mean something like the Sharp ROM?
  4. markzombie82

markzombie82 Well-Known Member

I'm on 12 08 08 and the sound sucks on calls and lately the phone doesn't wake up right I have to wake it up twice to get the unlock screen to come up. I think g60 fixed that sound thing. I need to update. Other than that its a good ROM. There was a package install aborted that I'm not sure why it could have very well been the app developers fault. I have flashed the GPS fix and that has helped GPS a lot. In my opinion
  5. RolaAddict

lol I have never tried the Sharp ROMs even though I should had.I stuck with the G60 ROMs and the TG CM7 Reloaded.I think for what I have used the TG CM7 Reloaded was the smoothest while the G60 ROMs where great for 3G and for GPS.
  6. bob-st

bob-st Well-Known Member

I am on 12/28.

Not much to complain about except a random reboot every week or two... so like I said, not much to complain about.

However I don't use Bluetooth and I turn off wifi when I'm not using it.
  7. MikeRL

MikeRL Well-Known Member

Same here. 12/28 seems to be the most stable. Bsydz put in a lot of kernel work there, and it shows, mostly for the better. I remember when that kernel was just a zip add on. It was buggy. But it appears that most kernel issues have since been fixed.
  8. nwaves

nwaves Well-Known Member

GPS is superfast on 12/28 but I get random reboots every 1-3 hours. I didn't used to have any reboots with recent CM7 ROMs, so that's a big drawback for me. WiFi is also extremely unstable on the 12/28 and I never had any issues with it in previous ROMs. I'm going to switch back to the 10/28 test ROM, it was rock solid for me and it had the updated fonts (thanks dsmryder!)).
  9. MisterThisGuy

MisterThisGuy New Member

I'm running the 12/28 release. It seems to be the best so far, until it randomly locks up and requires a battery pull .-. But otherwise, it's better than the other releases IMO
  10. wildplace

wildplace Active Member

9-21 never gives me a camera force close problem,
    12-28 never gives me a random reboot, i am wondering if the kernel fixes it
  11. dsmryder

Did the updated fonts go away?
  12. nwaves

nwaves Well-Known Member

Nope, they are still there. I was just saying that build was very stable, no random reboots like the last one.
  13. rebel69ization

rebel69ization Well-Known Member

Battery life sucks on all the CM7 roms I've ever ran on the triumph.
  14. RolaAddict

The battery life is great on the paranoid ROM.The CM7 ones for me it has been hit or miss.
  15. dsmryder

I get up to 48 hours on CM7. I need the camera so I haven't ran CM9 on anything other than the DEV phone
  16. andr2d2

andr2d2 Well-Known Member

I would personally say that the edition of Starship that Chairshot released after the X-mas edition is the best myself:D:D
  17. raiser1

raiser1 Member

I have found that the built in email app causes reboots every couple hours. Try deleting your accounts in the default email app (or simply disable them) for a day and see if that improves. Since I primarily use gmail, and its associated app, this isn't as much of a problem.

Much more stable without email app.
  18. dsmryder

Bump:
    I ran the poll for 15 days. I hope there are more users than what have voted:D
  19. Chairshot215

Chairshot215 Well-Known Member Developer

Its actually the same Kernel in the 12-28 build that was in the zip. I had just extracted it from the zip. The issues with the zip was Bsydz had used an init.truimph.rc file from an older build in the boot.img used in the zip so I just extracted the Kernel itself from the boot.img inside his zip and reworked the files for the 12.28 build. Took it a step further in that last Starship build and redid the files in the boot.img completely from scratch.

https://github.com/Chairshot215/device/commit/8732fe091fb14a3f988524cb0853e6d462f77aff