• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Poll] Which Note devices have you had so far?

Which Note devices have you had?

• Total voters
Had the Note 3, rooted and ROMmed. Have the Note 4, rooted and ROMmed and now exclusively for use with my Gear VR. Skipped the Note 5 since Samsung did away with the microSD slot (are you listening, Sammy?). I look forward to trading my Moto X Pure in for a Note 6... IF the microSD slot is on it. If not, then I'll look elsewhere.

Again.

Upvote 0
I thought the Note 1 & 2 were way to large when they were first introduced so I went with a Samsung Galaxy S II. Funny how times change. I switched to HTC for some of that Dual Speaker love when the Note 4 came out. And unfortunately since then my financial situation changed dramatically by the tine the the Note 5 was released and I just couldn't afford one and I was even psyched up to use the dongle from my S2 for some external storage with that one.

I do have a Samsung Galaxy Note 12.1 (2014) tablet and the Note 3 though so I still feel some Samsung love.

Upvote 0
Note 3/4/5 & Note Edge.
The Note4 was my favorite out of the bunch, followed by the 5,Edge,3.

I'll be Jumping (down) out of the Note5 in February, to the cheapest phone possible & paying off in 1-2 installments.
I'm very content with the LG V10 (& its S-Pen alternative, Quick Memo+) & unless Samsung adds back the SD Card & I/R Blaster, I'll pass on the Note6.

Reactions: Lateck
Upvote 0
None for me. I've always been interested in them but never pulled the trigger. I generally only buy one new device and usually the Nexus wins out for me... Wouldn't mind having one to play around with, though.
The Note4 would be the one to get.
Perhaps in a few more months you'll find a decent price on a refurb,or,better yet,one of those e-Bay specials that rolls along on occasion.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
My Note 3 still performs very well on what I want to do with it. But it irks me how because I went through the extra effort to get an unlocked model, NOBODY wants to make an alternate rom for it, or figure out how to get Xposed working on it again, especially in this post-Knox era. :( Youtube is unbearable without its adaway counterpart, which requires Xposed to run at all.

Upvote 0
My Note 3 still performs very well on what I want to do with it. But it irks me how because I went through the extra effort to get an unlocked model, NOBODY wants to make an alternate rom for it, or figure out how to get Xposed working on it again, especially in this post-Knox era. :( Youtube is unbearable without its adaway counterpart, which requires Xposed to run at all.

I believe there's several alternative custom ROMs for the Note 3 to choose from:
http://tips4droid.com/best-custom-rom-samsung-galaxy-note-3/

Can't comment about them myself, because I don't have one, have an S4 with CM12.1.

Upvote 0
Can't look at the moment, but it isn't that I haven't tried. It's that with regard to the sm-n900 note 3, rom makers act like it doesn't exist, and flat out ignore it. Bitter irony. :(

Now that I've looked at the link a little better, I noticed none of those ROMs are based on Android 5.0 at least... and thus would result in an immediate brick if I tried to flash any of them. Mine is currently on the Samsung stock 5.0. They of course won't make an update for at least 5.1, even though it could certainly use the battery improvements of that build. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The original note wasn't pushed heavily in the united States, my wife first saw it watching some Korean video and there was an advertisement for it, when she contacted T-Mobile to see if they would have it she was informed only a limited number of stores in America would get it and then the number would be low. She's had the note 2 since it came out and currently uses the note 3 as a work phone

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Note 2, 3 and now been on a Dev edition N4 since August. All three have been excellent phones. My N2 has been my daughters phone for the last couple of years - still going strong. My N3 is my backup phone in case something happens to my N4. Honestly, to me the N3 is about as good as the N4. I do like the Gear VR ability of the N4, but don't use my Gear VR much. I passed on the N5 for obvious reasons. They really borked that phone. No SD card slot - no thank you. The N6 is sounding almost perfect. SD slot, waterproofing, bigger screen, bigger battery. I just hope we can root the damn thing. It's why I didn't get the N4 until I found a Dev edition N4 - I gotta have root. Maybe with the N6 offering so many huge upgrades, I will find myself forgoing a rootable phone. I have never had a phone that I didn't have rooted, so it is something I will have to think over and see what the feedback is from users once the phone is actually available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones