6. Yes - but not officially, only through ROMs

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. bumpmans3

bumpmans3 Member

Amen to that. Also gotta hope the EOL status for us doesn't effect it
  2. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

I hope your right.... on another note, did you see the tf300 is on the JB list!
  3. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Just because a VS930 is coming doesnt mean the damn phone is EOL... >.<
    Brandonson112 likes this.
  4. admn81

admn81 Well-Known Member

5. lfeqlbrm

lfeqlbrm Well-Known Member

No one knows right now. Lol.
  6. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

lol true. If that were the case, the Moto devs wouldn't still be putting out roms for the DX, DX2, D2 and D2G; those phones were outdated by the Razr (and arguably, the Bionic).

HOWEVER... given those phones had huge dev support from the start, it's not likely for the devs to stop working on them simply because there's a new Moto phone out. The Spectrum only has stock-mod roms (which I'm thankful for, please don't misunderstand me here) and getting anything else to boot isn't working, so you can see how some might think devs won't bother with the Spec anymore (with no confirmed ICS), now that the 930 is coming out with ICS.

The concern is certainly warranted.
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  7. MooseWizard

MooseWizard Member

As I just got mine yesterday and got it all nice and rooted and loaded with BO, knowing my luck it will probably drop tomorrow. :rolleyes:

EOL status is a little shocking, but makes sense considering I was able to get this phone for just $49. Looking forward to ICS but will not load it if that LG interface is included.
  8. admn81

admn81 Well-Known Member

ya ics isn't confirmed but for all intensive purposes it's coming. hopefully once we get that the devs will be able to do more work and then life it's good. I just hope the ics update fixes the reboot probs as I've had one each of the past 2 days.
  9. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to stay positive too, but we may still encounter issues like now where even a bin kang can't boot. That seems like something the devs should try to figure out first... because bin kangs on similar hardware are supposed to at least boot and they're not for us.
  10. ofHATEandENVY

ofHATEandENVY Well-Known Member

ICS on the Spectrum is smooth as butter, should be out soon, normally when it's tested, it's out 3-4 weeks later, and it's been being tested for about 2 weeks.
  11. admn81

admn81 Well-Known Member

Just wondering how u know this? U work for LG or VZW if u dont mind me asking?
  12. hollywoods14

He is probably running the leak version
  13. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

I dont think so, because he said he was running eclipse in another thread. He just went back to stock so if hes an insider he knows something is gonna happen soon.
  14. death2all110

His occupation in his profile says hes tech support. and in another thread he said he works for vzw. he probably works in a call center.
  15. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

My wife worked for VZ and I've interviewed for managing one of their centers before... they don't have a tech support call center (if that's the position he has); tech support is a store position. Their call centers are sales and customer service. FWIW.....
  16. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

???
    Something announced?

Generation old chipsets will do that to a device.
  17. steamer86

steamer86 Well-Known Member

We better see it. Big red will be giving me a new phone if not. I was promised ICS and it was announced by LG and VZW with the purchase of this phone, I want it.
  18. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

it's coming guys. It's in testing right now. should be released within a week or two.
  19. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

I trust this guy for some reason. I think we'll see it too. I bet you this guy knows something we don't.
  20. death2all110

Yeah, i believe the both these guys, got a good feeling ;)
  21. lfeqlbrm

lfeqlbrm Well-Known Member

Same here, that's why I returned to stock yesterday. Fingers crossed! ^_^
  22. hollywoods14

This sounds like some inside irc channel shizz
    lfeqlbrm likes this.
  23. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

24. admn81

admn81 Well-Known Member

25. lfeqlbrm