Pondering Root - Question about Froyo

Last Updated:

1. snowkfh

snowkfh Member This Topic's Starter

So, after hanging out with my friend last night and seeing his N1 with Froyo, I have gained a lust for the new firmware that knows no bounds.

I want to root regardless to get rid of things like City ID and a few other apps. Also, I really don't care about Sense and don't want to use it, so I'm looking at the things I could potentially flash. I'm a bit new at this (just got my inc last week) and wondered if the root gods lurking here could possibly answer 3 questions for me.

1. If I root, I CAN get rid of City ID and a few other things like the HTC twitter and shit, right?

2. Do any of the custom firmwares have Froyo yet - if so, how well do they work and how soon do you think that they will iron out bugs (eg: if bluetooth doesn't work, will they get it going).

3. Is there a "vanilla" froyo release I can get? I don't particularly want much in the way of extras - just 2.2 without Sense.

Advertisement
  2. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

1. Yes
    2. Not yet
    3. Yes for 2.1, mostly, no for froyo yet (edit: sorry thought you said 2.1, no froyo yet)

Fail

From my Incredible Drooooiiiiiid.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

1. yes
    2. none yet
    3. no again since no froyo yet