poor 3G receptionSupport

Last Updated:

1. harishvr9

harishvr9 Member This Topic's Starter

When i m indoors, if I switch to GSM only mode, the reception is excellent. But when I m on WCDMA mode, then the reception drops alarmingly to near zero. At the same spot, a Nokia E51 shows near full strength signal. If I move towards the door, the reception improves. Does the desire have issues with indoor reception ? Or is it just my handset ? :(

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Nokia may have a better 3G radio.

Edge penetrates buildings better than 3G. So if you can live with Edge (eg. mostly in Wifi areas anyway)...you should just default your phone to Edge. It won't interfere with email polls or sms/mms. You'll only really notice the difference when you're surfing with Edge (painful).

3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

I live in a poor reception area but its generally the same with any phone.

Download a signal widget. It'll give you a better indication of the actual signal. Even better if you can get one for your Nokia.

4. francott

francott New Member

I have a HTC Desire with Telstra. My wife has a Sagem (2004) also with Telstra. In our unit at Peregian Beach Qld AUSTRALIA she gets reception and I do not. Telstra says it is not in a black spot area. Fone Zone suggested swithing back to 2G but that did not help. My wife gets upset when I do not answer my phone but it simply does nor receive if I am inside.
    Is there any way reception can be improved for indoors?