• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Poor 3G service today?

sdezrilov

Jun 9, 2010
My EVO seems to be suffering some serious network issues, or bad root juju? Phone is rooted and has been working very well, speediest app giving back strange server host information as if I were in KS, then Europe. Speed test results also seem reversed, as if a duplex mixmatch, also high ping times. The only thing I have changed is a font pack today.

Ping time - 800 ms
Upload - 51 Kbps
Down - 400 Kbps

Any suggestions? sprint claiming no area outages in my area.

My EVO seems to be suffering some serious network issues, or bad root juju? Phone is rooted and has been working very well, speediest app giving back strange server host information as if I were in KS, then Europe. Speed test results also seem reversed, as if a duplex mixmatch, also high ping times. The only thing I have changed is a font pack today.

Ping time - 800 ms
Upload - 51 Kbps
Down - 400 Kbps

Any suggestions? sprint claiming no area outages in my area.
The speedtest app has been all over the place for me ever since ive used it

Upvote 0
The speedtest app has been all over the place for me ever since ive used it

Really? Hadn't noticed that in the past, usually on wifi the few times I had tried the app. Speeds unbearable if not on wifi, had severe issues trying to connect to exchange server today, and traveling all week. Hope to get this figured out, suspect it's on Sprints side... Usually flawless service in my area.

Upvote 0
update your prl.

what area are you in.. I had the same issue with speedtest pulling European servers today. cleared data for speedtest and it was normal again. it isn't uncommon for it to connect to witchita ks. it does that on our aria and evo.

when I am in Dallas TX i get horrible speeds on 3g...at my house 45 miles away the connection is 5x's faster. confrusing to say the least

Upvote 0
update your prl.

what area are you in.. I had the same issue with speedtest pulling European servers today. cleared data for speedtest and it was normal again. it isn't uncommon for it to connect to witchita ks. it does that on our aria and evo.

when I am in Dallas TX i get horrible speeds on 3g...at my house 45 miles away the connection is 5x's faster. confrusing to say the least

Tried that, didn't help. Did verify it's isolated to my street, or immediate area, not seeing slow speeds while away from my house.

At home - 50kbps down, 600up
Away - 1.5Mbps down, 900 up

Oh; sorry, located in San Diego, CA

Sprint said I was nutz, nothing wrong with the service. Wrong...

Oh well, just glad it's not my phone, love the root, Myn's ROM, new splash screen, etc...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones