Poor address display

Last Updated:

1. Tom Conway

Tom Conway Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody else find the display of addresses in People app to be very poor. Its all displayed on one line obscuring half of the address - even going into edit mode doesn't show the address in full unless you scroll down the edit box.

I use the People app for addresses quite a bit and it frustrating. Any alternatives out there?

Advertisement
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

It is AWFUL on the Hero as it's OS1.5. I have a Magic here as well as a Hero and the Magic on 1.6 at least shows the address. It's still not great - Google seem to only want you to ever use addresses for pointing to Google Maps (they seem to think we don't write envelopes anymore) so I don't imagine that it's much improved in 2.x whenever it comes.

3. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

Does anyone have a workaround for this? It's one of the very few things that annoys me about the Hero.

4. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

aContacts in the Market sorts this out. Terrible FaceBook integration, but good address display so works well alongside People. Hopefully they'll sort this in 2.1

5. Tom Conway

Found from my brother that if you highlight the address with the trackball then it'll scroll across the address. Not perfect.

6. hellybob

hellybob Well-Known Member

I do that trackball thing but it's a complete pain. I will look into that aContacts.

7. Tom Conway

Just had a look at aContacts and although it displays the address in the correct format, it doesn't show the birthdays that are already part of the contact within People. Shame, it was looking good until then.

8. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

aContacts is rubbish for pretty much everything except addresses. On the plus side, once you shut it down it consumes zero memory, so until they fix People, I'll use it for addresses