Poor Call Quality??General

Last Updated:

1. owlmatt

owlmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is my first new thread and I wish it was on a happier topic. Since i have gotten my phone I have had issues hearing people, both on regular and speakerphone, so I did some testing today comparing my eris and my new incredible and the Incredible was worse on both ends with everyone I spoke with. A bit more muffled and scratchy. I love everything else about my Incredible, but this is a major issue and I hope I'm alone. Anyone else?

While I have your attention, if I do, I want to discuss the battery issue, well for me non issue. I have to believe many of the complaints are coming from people who have never had a 3g touchscreen smartphone. I have had the HTC touch, Touch Pro, Omnia, Tour and Eris in the last two years. (I have issues with getting the latest phones) The Battery life on the Incredible is the same or better than all of these. Sure it's not better than a curve or a dumphone, but getting 1 day out of a this phone is all to be expected. That being said, only Gmail syncs automically on my phone. Facebook is every 24 hours, GPS only goes on when I use NAV, (and when using NAV you should be using your car charger) and I use a task killer. I only sync other items when needed. All that being said, I will get the extended battery when available. The phone is so damn thin, I don't mind some extra thickness.

Most importantly, anyone else having poor call quality?

Advertisement
  2. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

I haven't had much poor quality. Only a couple times. I talked to a Verizon CSR a few weeks before and he mentioned that the snapdragon chip does run everything. So all your processing as well as your GSM use (talk use).

I know the droid had a seperate chip for processing and for talking.

I could be talking out my ass here, so hopefully someone else can confirm what I am saying.

3. owlmatt

owlmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hopefully this build (494) ota they are talking about help or hopefully it's just my phone and i will exchange it.

Waiting for this OTA to think about bringing it back into the store.

4. ShiftLft

ShiftLft Well-Known Member

My call quality for the past 3 days has been very sub-par. About 90% of the calls are muffled, scratchy and have a lot of noise. Tested many calls in different areas, different providers, and landlines - same issue. Reception seems to be okay it's just a lot of distortion.