Poor Cell Reception

Last Updated:

1. Damademan3

Damademan3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For the past couple weeks my phone has been acting very strange and has been getting pretty poor recpetion. I run BB.4 and P3Droid 1.0ghz and 3e baseband. I have tried .41 & .43 and did not get any better reception. Basically the issue is i get 3g for a while and all of a sudden i get 1x where i should have full 3g. If i shut my phone off and turn back on I then get 3g service back. I ultimately noticed it while in Chicago and i had terrible service when everyone else had great service. In Chi i went through all the basebands with no luck. Yesterday I restored back to rooted 2.1 by Pete and i still had a issue. So what i am looking for is there any settings i should look for that maybe off. I doubt its a common issue and i want to look at everything before calling to get it swapped out for a like new droid. thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. xdreamer

xdreamer Member

I have the same problem, also in Chicago. I am running BB.4 with ChevysNo1 1.2 ULV. My phone will go to 1x and stay there for 5 minutes or so and then go back to 3G. Darndest thing.

3. MiNdSnAkE

MiNdSnAkE Member

Once you install a new baseband on a rooted Droid, you need to re-activate the phone. Did you try that at all?

4. Damademan3

Damademan3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know it should go without saying but yes i did.

A simple reboot seems to clear it up for a few days then it does it all over again till i reboot.

My only question on baseband is should i change Vocode settings at all? I have scene it discussed else where.

Answered my own question : EVRC-B